How does Google Play Cash Work?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2018 12:10 am
Dec 6, 2010
107 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto

How does Google Play Cash Work?

I was trying to get this App that has a subscription service, but I'm not enthused by putting in my credit card hence why I want to opt for the route of buying a discounted giftcard.

The app is American but its in the google play canada store as well and I'm wondering since I can acquire a google play US card more easily and w/ a discount does it recognize it across borders?

For example;
Amazon has an Amazon.com (US)
and
Amazon has a Amazon.ca (CA)

Each has it's own giftcards and is not interchange able. Therefore if you have $10 Amazon.com (US) you can not use it on Amazon.ca (CA) or even transfer it to Amazon.ca (CA)

Also, if it's possible there is no border limits and it can be use interchangeably, is there a better place than Costco.com which has an 8% discount on a $100 egift or reddit's gcx which is usually around the same because you're exchanging with American's and we got boned thanks to the paypal fees.
1 reply
May 26, 2014
216 posts
303 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
Your google account can only hold 1 type of currency usd or cad. If you convert it, you'll will all funds on it.
Example you have a Canadian Google account with 50 CAD. When you convert, it'll reset to 0. And you'll lose your 50CAD forever.