Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU

How does one acquire sick fades?

So I've picked up a couple pairs of raw denim and need to put together a strategic framework on how to acquire sick fades (see Figure 1). Apart from not washing and wearing the f out of them are there any other tips on how I can procure sick fades?

What u guise even think?

Figure 1: Example of Sick Fade

16 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1762 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades, rub your thighs consistently for wavey vertical falling. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks, hem with expensive ass machines for roping. And traintracks? That is only achievable by a legend in the denim game.
Fashion hurts p░ ░ ░yboi - KimchiTacos_
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Firebolt wrote: give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades, rub your thighs consistently for wavey vertical falling. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks, hem with expensive ass machines for roping. And traintracks? That is only achievable by a legend in the denim game.
thank you esteemed rfd colleague. Such a robust list of recommendations you've provided. I don't really give head to men so perhaps I can moonlight as a plumber for those sick knee fadz. I'm white-boarding a plan of attack as I type.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7859 posts
2839 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Mmmm...use sand paper?
Feb 4, 2016
53 posts
5 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
just buy jeans that come with a sick fade...
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3173 posts
1082 upvotes
Toronto
Firebolt wrote: give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades, rub your thighs consistently for wavey vertical falling. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks, hem with expensive ass machines for roping. And traintracks? That is only achievable by a legend in the denim game.
Holy. Clearly I have a lot to learn in the denim game. These are some good tips.

Thank you Master Splinter!
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I think fire bolt as pretty much covered it all. No real point in continuing this thread.

Mods please sticky for future reference. Thankings in advance.

/thread
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
LetterM wrote: just buy jeans that come with a sick fade...
Right.. even GAP jeans have that.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1897 posts
557 upvotes
North York
lol I'm dying
Banned
Aug 15, 2012
19 posts
YORK
This scripture contains a lot of sex and violence. This be like metrosexual mans' holy bible for trendy jeans them?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
**** wrote: This scripture contains a lot of sex and violence. This be like metrosexual mans' holy bible for trendy jeans them?
See my sig
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
30105 posts
5545 upvotes
Montreal
Was expecting to read about this:

Man am I old.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6334 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
Honestly... just wear them a lot. Some people like to bike in theirs to make them fade faster. Not all raws fade alike. Some fade faster than others. It depends on the characteristics of the dye and fabric.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2975 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
I agree just wear them. If you really want instant fades just buy pre distressed denim...
May 7, 2008
823 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto
Wear them hard - sleep in them if you can.

Generally the harder and stiffer the denim, the faster you'll see breaking in. Also buy as tight as you are comfortable with - tightness creates stress points. Also wear your wallet or phone or lighter in the same spot/pocket.

Don't bother with sandpaper - it'll just weaken your jeans when they are finally ready. Will cause premature holes etc.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Yeah I've been wearing my n&fs on casual Friday and some weekends for about 4 months now. No real fadez to report but guess I need to give it more time.

Thanks for the sleeping in them tip. Might try that.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao