Computers & Electronics

how to enable mini displayport on Lenovo T540p?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2016 6:41 am
Jan 18, 2016
122 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto, ON

how to enable mini displayport on Lenovo T540p?

I bought a mini displayport to HDMI adapter on amazon, and plugged it into my Lenovo T540p laptop. I am not able to get any signal output from the laptop to my TV through HDMI. I looked at the Windows 10 display options as well as the intel display options and cannot seem to solve this problem.

How to enable this port? Is there a bios option to turn it on/off? Hitting F7 hasn't helped either.
3 replies
Mar 3, 2014
16 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
capitalgain wrote: How to enable this port? Is there a bios option to turn it on/off? Hitting F7 hasn't helped either.
It's enabled by default. BTW, the combination is Fn + F7, not just the F7 key.
You can make a right mouse click on your desktop and then select Display Settings. Check your TV for the correct HDMI input port. Try another one, too.

I had bad experience with (passive) HDMI to mini-DisplayPort adapters which broke unnoticeable the mini-DisplayPort connector after only one or two attempts to connect/insert.

You may also got a defective one.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15218 posts
4405 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I got a bad DP to HDMI adapter off eBay. Moving it up and down would enable/disable the signal. Getting a Rankie DP to HDMI cable (off Amazon Marketplace) did the trick.