Travel

how far in advance for Aeroplan booking for February?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2018 12:36 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
1239 posts
697 upvotes
Edmonton

how far in advance for Aeroplan booking for February?

I'd like to visit Florida in February 2019 by using my Aeroplan miles to book flights. In looking on Aeroplan's site, I see a few good flights from Edmonton available (just 1 stop instead of 2). However, I'm just wondering how far in advance I need to book the flights though before they're gone. The reason is that one of the main reasons I'm going is for the Feb 1 SpaceX launch, and I'd like to hold off booking flights as long as possible in case the launch is delayed.

How far in advance, generally, do Aeroplan flights to Florida need to be booked? (or is that too general/vague a question)
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
2050 posts
925 upvotes
HK
tequilla wrote: now.
Yesterday, but since OP is late, now is the best time. Tomorrow is too late.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2017
1605 posts
1366 upvotes
I agree that if it's important to get the seats at the base redemption amount, you should book them now. February is a popular time. If the 1 stop is via Denver on United it may stay for a little while, no guarantees. If on AC via a Canadian gateway, it may disappear fast. If there are seats available on multiple days and you have flexibility you can keep looking to see when it starts to book up, but if just a single day left now, I'd book fast.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
As soon as possible . There are only limited Aeroplan seats that Air Canada offers n each flight.
You can probably get them out do not expect good flight times and direct flights. Also you may need to be flexible with the dates.
I booked 4 people to Florida for February 2 months ago and had trouble getting flights.
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
i just booked for end of Jan..had to use market to get direct for what i needed...my experience is that seats disappear the closer the date..or cost more miles if they are there