• Jul 17th, 2017 4:56 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5326 posts
1360 upvotes
Cornwall PE
A new replacement plate is $5 on pei. Painting it doesn't make sense imo since a new plate is likely half the costs of a can of paint.
We were all forced to change our plates last year to the newer tourism supporting design. But then only $5. I remember when the 'anne of green ghouls' plate came out and guys were covering anne up with beer labels. They were the best looking plates pei ever had. Don't think anyone was ever ticketed though as there was a number of them, unfortunately 'alpine' was the most popular one.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
7683 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone recommend a place that will refinish personalized licence plates (Ontario)? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
1675 posts
674 upvotes
Oakville, ON
consumerPI wrote:
May 11th, 2017 2:27 pm
Can someone recommend a place that will refinish personalized licence plates (Ontario)? Thanks.
Not possible. Need to go to MTO and get them replaced.
Jan 2, 2009
221 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
consumerPI wrote:
May 11th, 2017 2:27 pm
Try http://yomplates.ca/restoration/. They do a really good job restoring old plates. Not sure about pricing, and if it'll cost you more than having the plates replaced by the MTO.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28871 posts
945 upvotes
Fernando Po
ilitt1959 wrote:
Oct 16th, 2016 2:02 pm
Not free ,, $40.00 for new Ontario plates
Nope. Its been free for a while now so long as it's before BN. Tons of people around here are still driving around with plates they could be replaced.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
2225 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto
hagbard wrote:
May 25th, 2017 10:00 am
Nope. Its been free for a while now so long as it's before BN. Tons of people around here are still driving around with plates they could be replaced.
I have AT plate with white background paint chipping off, think I can get free replacement​?
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28871 posts
945 upvotes
Fernando Po
peteryorkuca wrote:
May 26th, 2017 4:32 pm
I have AT plate with white background paint chipping off, think I can get free replacement​?
Unlikely. Just be B plates.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Dec 15, 2009
29 posts
Ottawa
bembol wrote:
Jun 5th, 2011 5:36 pm
If you alter/paint them, you may get a ticket.

If you protect them with Plate Covers, you may get a ticket.
I asked a policeperson and she said I could paint them.

I didn't think clear plate covers are illegal, just the not totally clear ones.
Ottawa