How to get flyers delivered to me - Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2017 7:04 pm
Jan 21, 2011
59 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto

How to get flyers delivered to me - Toronto

I moved in to my home in East York, Toronto last September and I don't get flyers, probably because the previous owner of my home had a sign that said 'No Flyers' on the mailbox. When I walk my dog, I see a white bag of flyers every week on most people's doorsteps. Sometimes I hope I can catch the person delivering the flyers and ask them to please give me those flyers moving forward. I would like these flyers but don't know who to contact to say that I want that bag of flyers! I don't even know which company hands out those flyers, but comes in a white plastic bag and it's filled with tons of flyer, can anyone point me in the right direction of who I need to contact?.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
3061 posts
182 upvotes
JayC913 wrote: I moved in to my home in East York, Toronto last September and I don't get flyers, probably because the previous owner of my home had a sign that said 'No Flyers' on the mailbox. When I walk my dog, I see a white bag of flyers every week on most people's doorsteps. Sometimes I hope I can catch the person delivering the flyers and ask them to please give me those flyers moving forward. I would like these flyers but don't know who to contact to say that I want that bag of flyers! I don't even know which company hands out those flyers, but comes in a white plastic bag and it's filled with tons of flyer, can anyone point me in the right direction of who I need to contact?.
Try Flipp app. Save paper and searchable
Jan 21, 2011
59 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
tmpz wrote: Try Flipp app. Save paper and searchable
I do use Flipp, but sometimes I like to look at physical flyers, but you are right... I guess I don't really need the physical flyers, maybe it's just the nostalgia talking.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4826 posts
4359 upvotes
B.C.
I had this happen to me once in a different city. But it was Canada Post delivering them, so I just contacted them. Maybe ask one of your neighbours if they know when they're delivered? If you know what day they're delivered, maybe a neighbour would agree to tape a message on their door asking for delivery at your address? It also might be possible that if you go to a post office, you'll find them there in recycling, as often the flyers are left in that area for people who have post office boxes. I also use online flyers, but I get it. I like flipping through the flyers too. And particularly for price matching, the people in the stores prefer the paper.

I don't know exactly where you live obviously, but the company might be one of these:
http://www.accuratedistributing.com/
http://www.admillgroup.com/index.php
https://metroland.com/flyers-and-direct-mail/
Last edited by TheHans on Dec 29th, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2004
3061 posts
182 upvotes
I got an ad looking for someone to deliver ads, said about $1/house per month. Maybe your area just doesn't have anyone to deliver yet.
Dec 16, 2006
655 posts
219 upvotes
Central Ontario
Most flyers are delivered in Metroland publications - the East York Mirror in your case.

Metroland Media
175 Gordon Baker Rd. Toronto ON M2H 0A2
Toll Free: 1-855-853-5613
CustomerSupport@metroland.com
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27753 posts
27759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
TheHans wrote: I had this happen to me once in a different city. But it was Canada Post delivering them, so I just contacted them. Maybe ask one of your neighbours if they know when they're delivered? If you know what day they're delivered, maybe a neighbour would agree to tape a message on their door asking for delivery at your address? It also might be possible that if you go to a post office, you'll find them there in recycling, as often the flyers are left in that area for people who have post office boxes. I also use online flyers, but I get it. I like flipping through the flyers too. And particularly for price matching, the people in the stores prefer the paper.

I don't know exactly where you live obviously, but the company might be one of these:
http://www.accuratedistributing.com/
http://www.admillgroup.com/index.php
https://metroland.com/flyers-and-direct-mail/
This was going to be my suggestion... get an neighbour to assist you by putting up a sign if you cannot determine the company doing the flyer delivery

Used to be that flyer deliveries were done by Newspapers ... be it the major nearby city one, or the local community newspaper

But both of those are going the way of the DoDo bird... especially community newspapers

We now use Flipp.
Not as tactile / enjoyable as a paper version with a cup of coffee, but have since learned to master its Search option so it does a decent job.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4826 posts
4359 upvotes
B.C.
PointsHubby wrote: We now use Flipp.
Not as tactile / enjoyable as a paper version with a cup of coffee, but have since learned to master its Search option so it does a decent job.
I'm mostly a fan of Smart Canucks if I can't get the paper versions. I like that site because of the flyer layout and how you can quickly ascertain if the flyer is from the East or West. This has value to me because here in the West, it's often disappointing to see flyer deals and you're like "Great!" and then you realize that it's for the East flyer and the West flyer is totally different and also the price points are often higher in the West.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27753 posts
27759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
TheHans wrote: I'm mostly a fan of Smart Canucks if I can't get the paper versions. I like that site because of the flyer layout and how you can quickly ascertain if the flyer is from the East or West. This has value to me because here in the West, it's often disappointing to see flyer deals and you're like "Great!" and then you realize that it's for the East flyer and the West flyer is totally different and also the price points are often higher in the West.
Don’t have this issue with Flipp

You put in your Postal Code and they just show you flyers for Stores in your immediate area