Freebies

How to get free US magazine subscriptions - in Canada!

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2016 3:05 pm
Jan 5, 2011
393 posts
28 upvotes
Will check all of this out. Thank you kindly!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1900 posts
79 upvotes
g3lo wrote:
Jun 4th, 2015 3:54 pm
Will check all of this out. Thank you kindly!
Happy to help. Crazy it has been 9 years since this started. :cool:
Sep 1, 2015
5 posts
Toronto, ON
I'm using this on Seventeen magazine. It's been about a week after I submitted my order but I'm already able to log into my account (in the original post, it said it'd take 4-8 weeks or so). My question is do I go ahead and change my address or wait? I'm still trying to get the gist of this so any help would be great. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2006
4987 posts
8895 upvotes
Comox Valley, BC
gaten2 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2015 2:33 am
I'm using this on Seventeen magazine. It's been about a week after I submitted my order but I'm already able to log into my account (in the original post, it said it'd take 4-8 weeks or so). My question is do I go ahead and change my address or wait? I'm still trying to get the gist of this so any help would be great. Thanks.
Go ahead and change it. The time it takes for accounts to appear varies with the different offers so when you find it, change it. The sooner you change it the greater the chance you won't miss an issue because it was send to the US address.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
11625 posts
3553 upvotes
Oakville
Thanks for this thread. Just changed my address on Golfweek and Men's Health, waiting for GQ to get my subscription info so I can update my address there as well. ;)
Nov 16, 2015
152 posts
328 upvotes
Calgary
Is there any way to have subscriptions from one source (ie Recycle Bank) go to two different addresses? I've signed up for a few lately giving my US address, and all of them send me the confirmation a few days later showing my Canadian address as the confirmed delivery. There were a few I wanted shipped down there, but I'm worried changing the address on one will change them all, as they seem to be linked.
Mike| MWD Consultant | Web Designer | Wordpress Developer
Contest wins:
2016: $1300
2015: $600
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
11625 posts
3553 upvotes
Oakville
MWDMike wrote:
Jan 8th, 2016 11:00 am
Is there any way to have subscriptions from one source (ie Recycle Bank) go to two different addresses? I've signed up for a few lately giving my US address, and all of them send me the confirmation a few days later showing my Canadian address as the confirmed delivery. There were a few I wanted shipped down there, but I'm worried changing the address on one will change them all, as they seem to be linked.
I assumed with RecycleBank that you would just go to the magazine's individual change of address page to change your address. Don't they pass subscriptions off to the magazines?
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2006
4987 posts
8895 upvotes
Comox Valley, BC
MWDMike wrote:
Jan 8th, 2016 11:00 am
You need to use a different USA address when subscribing thru Recyclebank and then change that sub at the publisher's website to your desired USA address.
In your case they know that you have moved from your USA address to your Canadian address and their system is automatically doing the address change, so you need to use a different USA address initially.

Publishers such as Hearst use one account number for all mags you subscribe to with the same address. If you change your address to one, all of the mags addressess are changed.
Also, If you submit a new sub request with the USA address that they have already processed an address change for, they will proactively change that address to your new Canadian address, since they already know/have previously processed your 'move'/address change.

It can be confusing - it helps to record what addresses you use for the different mags.

Publishers Conde Nast and Time are similar in practice to Hearst.
Nov 16, 2015
152 posts
328 upvotes
Calgary
Well, that's awfully handy of them! However bad for my situation. Thanks for the clarification! Would a small change be fine? Such as 123 Any Street, and 123B Any Street? Because i sadly used a real address in the states initially, now I want some subscriptions delivered to that address.
Contest wins:
Nov 16, 2015
152 posts
328 upvotes
Calgary
Also surprised the OP doesn't have 1000 thanks for this post. I would have never known without it! :cheesygri
Contest wins:
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2006
4987 posts
8895 upvotes
Comox Valley, BC
MWDMike wrote:
Jan 8th, 2016 7:16 pm
Well, that's awfully handy of them! However bad for my situation. Thanks for the clarification! Would a small change be fine? Such as 123 Any Street, and 123B Any Street? Because i sadly used a real address in the states initially, now I want some subscriptions delivered to that address.
You could do that or just pick from one of the millions of addresses in the USA - I use google maps to pick business addresses with an easy to type/easy to remember address.

If you have a existing mag sub with many years on it, you could call their 1-800 number and ask the CSR to split the sub into 2 - giving half of the sub to your desired USA address. I have done that when I wanted to give a relative a mag and I had many years on my sub.
Nov 21, 2012
5 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to log into shape magazine, but I cannot change the adress to canadian due to postal code error. whatever Canadian address I put it will give me this error "Please enter a valid zip or postal code." Who did you guys update your address?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6577 posts
5196 upvotes
abolfazl wrote:
Feb 17th, 2016 11:27 am
I was able to log into shape magazine, but I cannot change the adress to canadian due to postal code error. whatever Canadian address I put it will give me this error "Please enter a valid zip or postal code." Who did you guys update your address?
You have to enter your Postal Code in the same place where your Zip Code is already in.