Freebies

How to get free US magazine subscriptions - in Canada!

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2016 3:05 pm
Oct 9, 2004
929 posts
141 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks will try again.
pathfinder35 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2016 11:33 am
It depends on which freebie offer you submitted (Valuemags,Mercury, Rewardsurvey) but usually no more than a month. You should call GQ (1-800-289-9330) and ask them to find it. But it may have just not gone thru which is why I usually submit more than once, using different USA addresses.

You should just try again - here's a freebie GQ offer - https://gentlemansbox.com/free-year-of-gq-magazine/

Oh also, GQ is published by Conde Naste which has a terrible customer login system, where you have to create a login account using your email address.
I find it's not very good at finding your account which is why I usually end up phoning to ask for my account number and to ask them to change my address.
Phone: Koodo LG G3
Oct 9, 2004
929 posts
141 upvotes
Mississauga
pathfinder35 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2016 11:33 am
It depends on which freebie offer you submitted (Valuemags,Mercury, Rewardsurvey) but usually no more than a month. You should call GQ (1-800-289-9330) and ask them to find it. But it may have just not gone thru which is why I usually submit more than once, using different USA addresses.

You should just try again - here's a freebie GQ offer - https://gentlemansbox.com/free-year-of-gq-magazine/

Oh also, GQ is published by Conde Naste which has a terrible customer login system, where you have to create a login account using your email address.
I find it's not very good at finding your account which is why I usually end up phoning to ask for my account number and to ask them to change my address.
Thanks! This time it showed up in the system, able to change address now
Phone: Koodo LG G3
Mar 27, 2013
298 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
pathfinder35 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2016 4:25 pm
Again, I would suggest try calling to see if they can find them. I just signed up twice for GQ thru Rewardsurvey.com on Apr 1 so we'll see if I can find those in the coming weeks.
Hi pathfinder, if I call the customer service departments, what if they ask how I paid or got the subscription?

Thanks.
I don't support or respond to forum bullying.
It takes more effort to be sarcastic than polite!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5110 posts
8988 upvotes
Comox Valley, BC
abuela wrote:
May 8th, 2016 1:18 pm
Hi pathfinder, if I call the customer service departments, what if they ask how I paid or got the subscription?

Thanks.
They won't - they can just look at the screen to know that the sub was paid for by a third party such as Rewardsgold or Rewardsurvey (actual company name is M2 Media).
The Cust Service reps are very helpful - if they can't find it, they will ask how long ago you applied for the subscription - if it's been a long time they may just ask you to contact the third party (ie M2 Media Group) from which you got the sub or if it's only been a couple weeks, they'll tell you to wait a little longer. Or they may find it and you can ask for your account number and if you want, ask them to change the address...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5110 posts
8988 upvotes
Comox Valley, BC
kilobomb wrote:
May 9th, 2016 3:21 pm
Cnet Magazine:
http://cdn.mercurymagazines.com/121-1217714/index.html
Thanks for the link but this thread is more for Q&A - my signature links below are to the threads to post free print or digital offers and the paid mags thread.
Mar 27, 2013
298 posts
10 upvotes
GTA
pathfinder35 wrote:
May 9th, 2016 1:01 am
They won't - they can just look at the screen to know that the sub was paid for by a third party such as Rewardsgold or Rewardsurvey (actual company name is M2 Media).
The Cust Service reps are very helpful - if they can't find it, they will ask how long ago you applied for the subscription - if it's been a long time they may just ask you to contact the third party (ie M2 Media Group) from which you got the sub or if it's only been a couple weeks, they'll tell you to wait a little longer. Or they may find it and you can ask for your account number and if you want, ask them to change the address...
I finally got my first magazine out of three! Shape! And you were right, the customer service agent was very friendly. I subscribed in February so the process took 3 months for me. Thanks so much Scoop and pathfinder35!
I don't support or respond to forum bullying.
It takes more effort to be sarcastic than polite!