Freebies

How to get free US magazine subscriptions - in Canada!

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2016 3:05 pm
Jun 11, 2005
222 posts
15 upvotes
Newfoundland
BlueSpecVTO wrote: I took the refund. I'll let you know when that's processed.

<9:22> Money refunded.

RE-ordered, but through thrunner this time.

Order January 2, 2007.
Maxim received order on January 19, 2007.
I changed my address approx 1 month later.
March 13, 2007 - received my first issue (April 2007); missed March'07 as I was "moving", but Maxim is sending it out now.

A+++
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
4565 posts
1457 upvotes
Kingston
Has anyone heard anything about FHM yet? My subscription wasnt supposed to end until 2010. I've tried emailing the company but they have yet to reply. Anything going to happen with all the people who still had a sub left? :confused:
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12916 posts
4593 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Tha DraGun wrote: Has anyone heard anything about FHM yet? My subscription wasnt supposed to end until 2010. I've tried emailing the company but they have yet to reply. Anything going to happen with all the people who still had a sub left? :confused:
You can try contacting your seller and see if he can substitute with another subscription. I bought my FHM subscription from Thrunner and he got me a 4-year subscription to Maxim/Blender/Stuff when I inquired. I was able to change addresses in less than a month and a few days ago, Blender and Stuff showed up in my mailbox. I'd imagine Maxim is not too far behind. Kudos to Thrunner for doing the substitution.

If your seller is not as helpful, then I'm afraid you might be SOL.
Dec 5, 2005
566 posts
67 upvotes
Tha DraGun wrote: Has anyone heard anything about FHM yet? My subscription wasnt supposed to end until 2010. I've tried emailing the company but they have yet to reply. Anything going to happen with all the people who still had a sub left? :confused:
Someone posted earlier that the company is offering you some other magazine for the rest of your subscription. I forgot which mag it was.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12916 posts
4593 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wesellanythingcanada wrote: Someone posted earlier that the company is offering you some other magazine for the rest of your subscription. I forgot which mag it was.
How would you go about contacting the publisher regarding FHM? The change of address and subscription management links on FHM's website are no longer working.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
1215 posts
14 upvotes
K, I'm one of the people that also got "scammed" by cheapest-magzz

Can anyone name some sellers that are reliable/safe?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12916 posts
4593 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Martinga wrote: Can anyone name some sellers that are reliable/safe?
Thrunner.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
i FINALLY recv'd my 1st free copy of EGM last wk... took so long... but whatever, glad that at least it came.... :D
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Nov 27, 2004
956 posts
63 upvotes
I also ordered from thrunner, jus recently changed addresses to Stuff and Blender. 1 question, after i changed the adress this shows up;

Our records show that your last order was placed on Feb. 23, 2007 for 48 issues.
Your expiration date is ISS#02 2011 and your current balance is $.00.

Please click -HERE- to Renew your subscription.

Does that mean my suscription runs till 2011? Im confused since it says my balance is $0 and it says 'Please click -HERE- to Renew your subscription. '?? Does that mean i have to renew?

Also I havent been able to change adress for maxim magazine and Muscle & Fitness. The Muscle & Fitness im using this link;

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/SR/MAF/MAF_e ... 4884&vid=7

After i try loggin in it doest give me the option to enter my other info, instead it lets me;

'Unable to Access Your Account! Please enter your question below and our customer care representatives will respond within two business days. Thank you. '

Does that mean i have to go through customer service to change adress??
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
2187 posts
176 upvotes
Vancouver
Ch28 wrote: I bought Maxim, Stuff & FHM - 3 Years Each - combined for $5.99US from groovin_lizard

I also bought a 3 year sub for the Official Xbox Magazine for $10.79US from lasvegasmags

Both seem to be good sellers. I had to email groovin_lizard before bidding because he had his auction locked to US buyers. He replied to my email within an hour and let me in on the great deal.

Lasvegasmags sent me an email earlier letting me know that he processed my order.

If you're looking for mag subs for cheap and sellers that are reputable then I'd check out the two above sellers :)
Its been about 5 months now and I still haven't received my Xbox Magazine. I went on ebay to msg the guy and guess what? His name is now "got_hacked702" and when I went to his website it doesn't work. Looks like the dirty bastard scammed me :mad:
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
2187 posts
176 upvotes
Vancouver
wesellanythingcanada wrote: Someone posted earlier that the company is offering you some other magazine for the rest of your subscription. I forgot which mag it was.
I think it was ESPN
Banned
Aug 31, 2003
1422 posts
k__dam wrote: I also ordered from thrunner, jus recently changed addresses to Stuff and Blender. 1 question, after i changed the adress this shows up;

Our records show that your last order was placed on Feb. 23, 2007 for 48 issues.
Your expiration date is ISS#02 2011 and your current balance is $.00.

Please click -HERE- to Renew your subscription.

Does that mean my suscription runs till 2011? Im confused since it says my balance is $0 and it says 'Please click -HERE- to Renew your subscription. '?? Does that mean i have to renew?

Also I havent been able to change adress for maxim magazine and Muscle & Fitness. The Muscle & Fitness im using this link;

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/SR/MAF/MAF_e ... 4884&vid=7

After i try loggin in it doest give me the option to enter my other info, instead it lets me;

'Unable to Access Your Account! Please enter your question below and our customer care representatives will respond within two business days. Thank you. '

Does that mean i have to go through customer service to change adress??
This really isnt that confusing....

Expiry date ISS#02 2011 is Feb 2011

Your balance is obviously $0 as you bought 4 years and do not owe any money....

They aren't going to remove the renew button just for you, it is the same on every persons page, if you dont want to renew (I dont know why you would) dont click on it....

Muscle & Fitness has to be done by customer service.

I donno why you are freaking out, everything is working the way it is supposed to
Come chat live, #redflagdeals on EFNet!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Stuhaul
XBOX 360 WINNER - No