Freebies

How to get free US magazine subscriptions - in Canada!

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2016 3:05 pm
Jun 3, 2011
153 posts
23 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
Does anyone think I could get a similar deal say on the economist?
Dec 14, 2009
10 posts
2 upvotes
Hi,

I currently have Cosmopolitan , Redbook and Good Housekeeping all from Hearst Magazines and I sucessfully changed them to Canada.

My Question is: They are due to expire in a few months, What is the best method to renew them, right now they offered me to renew but at Canadian rates being that my address is in Canada (apx 15-20 per year). in the US I can pay 5-10 per year. HOw do I take advantage of the US rates again.

Do I temporarily change my address back to US and then renew, or do I just purchase more subscriptions in the US and just give the same email address and it will automatically link it to my existing account and continue to canada?.

I would appreciate some input.

Thanks in advance
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2009
1395 posts
223 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Ticklemebenny wrote: Hi,

I currently have Cosmopolitan , Redbook and Good Housekeeping all from Hearst Magazines and I sucessfully changed them to Canada.

My Question is: They are due to expire in a few months, What is the best method to renew them, right now they offered me to renew but at Canadian rates being that my address is in Canada (apx 15-20 per year). in the US I can pay 5-10 per year. HOw do I take advantage of the US rates again.

Do I temporarily change my address back to US and then renew, or do I just purchase more subscriptions in the US and just give the same email address and it will automatically link it to my existing account and continue to canada?.

I would appreciate some input.

Thanks in advance
From my experience... sign up with the same american addy and email. They'll add it onto your existing account since I believe it's tied to your email. I've done this for Maxim multiple times.
PSN: Nammer
XBL: SmoothNammer604
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4539 posts
1459 upvotes
Winnipeg
Hey all,

I subscribed to 6 magazines from Hearst (through Amazon) with an American address.

The problem I have is I would like to change the address to 3 different CDN addresses.. (ie 2 to one place, 2 to another, etc for gifts)

Hearst's website seems to change all mags addresses at the same time to only 1 address... Any work around this before calling??? Thanks!
Feb 6, 2010
249 posts
36 upvotes
does anyone know how I can get a cheap or free men's health subscription?
Aug 15, 2011
21 posts
SASKATOON
This is pretty much the greatest thing ever. I spend so much on mag subscriptions. Thank you so much! AHHH! WOO HOO! :D
May 21, 2006
571 posts
1 upvote
Arviat
discountmags.com has a crazy promo for GQ and Mens Health monthly subscriptions for $10 per year;

http://www.discountmags.com/product/101 ... slickdeals using code: 10PACK.

So what you guys are saying is ordering this through the website using any random American address and then calling the companies separate and requesting an address change?

I dont want to miss out on this slick deal but I also dont want to purchase 3 years of subscriptions and find out that my $30 goes in the trash, thanks
Aug 10, 2009
216 posts
27 upvotes
Rmeezy wrote: discountmags.com has a crazy promo for GQ and Mens Health monthly subscriptions for $10 per year;

So what you guys are saying is ordering this through the website using any random American address and then calling the companies separate and requesting an address change?

I dont want to miss out on this slick deal but I also dont want to purchase 3 years of subscriptions and find out that my $30 goes in the trash, thanks

Just got this yesterday hope it works!!
Oct 27, 2005
550 posts
43 upvotes
Hamilton
Rmeezy wrote: discountmags.com has a crazy promo for GQ and Mens Health monthly subscriptions for $10 per year;

Yes you order using any valid US address (ie a hotel, shelter, etc.) and then typically about 4-6 weeks later you login to the publishers web site using the address information you originally ordered from and change your address. I recommend only calling as a last resort so that you don't alert them to what people are doing.
Jul 13, 2009
57 posts
9 upvotes
Sorry, newbie question. Maybe I am just paranoid :o but do you type in your real name when signing up?
Oct 27, 2005
550 posts
43 upvotes
Hamilton
newbieowner wrote: Sorry, newbie question. Maybe I am just paranoid :o but do you type in your real name when signing up?

I always have to make it less suspicious when changing my address... but I have read other posts where people said they didn't.
Dec 8, 2006
744 posts
299 upvotes

It no longer works :(