Freebies

How to get free US magazine subscriptions - in Canada!

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2016 3:05 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6606 posts
5365 upvotes
wolf30 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2013 1:19 pm
I'm thinking about purchasing a men's health subscription through amazon.com with my giftcards and I have heard that men's health magazine auto-renews your magazine subscriptions without your consent or makes it very difficult to cancel. Does anyone have any experience with this? I thought auto renewing contracts were illegal in canada? Also does the address change trick work with men's health?
Yes!

I don't know about your "auto renewing contracts" question, because I tend to go the free subscription route, so they definitely won't renew my subs.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5027 posts
8922 upvotes
Comox Valley, BC
wolf30 wrote:
Apr 6th, 2013 1:19 pm
I'm thinking about purchasing a men's health subscription through amazon.com with my giftcards and I have heard that men's health magazine auto-renews your magazine subscriptions without your consent or makes it very difficult to cancel.
Just be sure to cancel the auto-renew when you purchase a mag thru Amazon - go to Amazon's Subscription Manager after purchasing it.

BTW, you could save your gift cards - Mstrouble and I posted deals today for Men's Health, either on sale at discountmags.com or getting it for $3 or free thru Fab.com in US mags thread.. Neither of these auto-renew. Nobody has reported problems with Men's Health auto-renewing in the US mags thread.
Aug 22, 2013
6 posts
I bounce around between living in the states and Canada... I never thought of letting my subscriptions follow me! I will try now and report back. I'm currently subscribed to GQ and Wired.
Dec 9, 2010
57 posts
4 upvotes
Will I be able to change the US address to my Canadian address for Self magazine and Us weekly?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6606 posts
5365 upvotes
skye218 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2013 9:57 pm
Will I be able to change the US address to my Canadian address for Self magazine and Us weekly?
Yes!

I receive both of those.
Dec 9, 2010
57 posts
4 upvotes
IDStorms wrote:
Aug 27th, 2013 10:01 pm
Yes!

I receive both of those.
Thanks, How long do I have to wait to change the us weekly address?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6606 posts
5365 upvotes
skye218 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2013 6:08 pm
Thanks, How long do I have to wait to change the us weekly address?
From what I recall, it all varies on where you ordered the magazine from, so you'll have to keep trying to log into your online account,
and eventually it will locate it. (or you can keep emailing them to see if they have any record of your new account, and then ask them to change it)
Sep 21, 2006
516 posts
41 upvotes
Tried to change my address for Entreprenuer magazine. Won't allow the change from US to Canada as a country. Anybody experience this also?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)