Home & Garden

How to get my money back from 2nd-hand appliance store?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2016 10:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4451 upvotes
speedysa wrote: I find it odd you state that. Home Depot is a very trusted brand/store. In my last 15 years of dealing with them, I had no issues.
53 million in the US and Canada trusted Home Depot with their credit card accounts and 53 million people were let down. You must have a weird definition of trust.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
2126 posts
115 upvotes
Medicine Hat
speedysa wrote: I find it odd you state that. Home Depot is a very trusted brand/store. In my last 15 years of dealing with them, I had no issues.
I worked there for 5 years. You are very much an abnormality.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
9356 posts
2211 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
randomdef wrote: I worked there for 5 years. You are very much an abnormality.
I have had the odd problem at HD, but every time they took care of it and were more than fair about it.
Dec 7, 2008
116 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I work in banking, and I am 99% sure that because you used email money transfer, there is nothing the bank would or could have done for you if they refused to return the funds.

Never ever use email money transfer to buy things because there is no recourse.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2009
6197 posts
4451 upvotes
robbieD wrote: I work in banking, and I am 99% sure that because you used email money transfer, there is nothing the bank would or could have done for you if they refused to return the funds.

Never ever use email money transfer to buy things because there is no recourse.
So if I used cash the bank would have refunded the money or if I wrote a cheque the bank would have refunded the money or if I used a money order the bank would have refunded the money or if I used a bank transfer the bank would have refunded the money etc etc ... please let us fellow RFDers know which types of payments to use in which the bank will refund us our money when things go south seeing as you work in banking and we do not know these things.
Sep 12, 2008
580 posts
201 upvotes
Hamilton, on
pootza wrote: So if I used cash the bank would have refunded the money or if I wrote a cheque the bank would have refunded the money or if I used a money order the bank would have refunded the money or if I used a bank transfer the bank would have refunded the money etc etc ... please let us fellow RFDers know which types of payments to use in which the bank will refund us our money when things go south seeing as you work in banking and we do not know these things.
Credit card. Paypal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)