Cell Phones

How to get "Phone numbers" off your cell phone?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2008 11:46 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1342 posts
2 upvotes

How to get "Phone numbers" off your cell phone?

Besides that manual extraction of the numbers in your cell phone .. is there any other way?

I have a phone which is about 3 years old and looking forward to switching phone providers. I have a usb cable that I connect to my computer. I was just wondering if there's any software I can use to extract this.

thanks.
PERSONAL FINANCE for Canadians FOR DUMMIES
EDUCATION is your best defense.

Got questions about your existing MORTGAGE INSURANCE?
http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/in_denial/
13 replies
Banned
Nov 29, 2005
4853 posts
3 upvotes
you can copy it all to your sim card, but since you did not specify what technology your pone uses, or even the model of it we can not tell you a more precise answer which is what you were hoping for. Please fill us in with the missing information first before we can commence.
Dec 31, 1969
For a fee of 10 dollars (I believe its 10 dollars) they will put the numbers into your new phone.

The guy who did the pay and talk migration to post paid with my phone actually did it for me for free.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
3866 posts
650 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
You can try to use a program like BitPim to get the contacts file from your phone, but you'll still have to look through it and manually to get the phone numbers off of it.... well I'm saying that cause I'm unsure if BitPim will recognize the file automatically or not.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1342 posts
2 upvotes
i guess i got my hopes up too soon ..
well, my phone is not on the list of phones in the menu ...

arrgggh!

btw, i know about the $10 telus is charging ... they'll even be more happy to print it out for me .. I was like "wtf?" .. i'll just look @ the phone and transfer it manually ...

I'm hoping someone here @ RFD knows the answer to my dilemma ..

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1342 posts
2 upvotes
sorry .. no cd .. it's a 3rd party usb cable that enables me to charge it .. but i'm sure I can use a software to extract the numbers ... i'm just fed up with telus that no more being dependent to their services ..

Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
6833 posts
278 upvotes
Vancouver
Actually I would like to extract the numbers from my CDMA phone and import into my GSM phone.

Will this program work?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
3866 posts
650 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Even if it's not a recognized phone, you can still connect to it with BitPim and see the directory structure and files. This way you can copy off your pictures and contact files.... however, you'll still need a way to look at the contact file for the appropriate information.
Dec 31, 1969
I noticed your location is Toronto. If you can go to the Telus store inside Dufferin Mall and go to the sales associate Rick, he's the guy who sold me my BB Pearl and he's pretty good. He's great they all are in that store. But everytime I go in there he asks me if the phones working fine or if I need any help using the features on the phone. He's the guy who said he will put the numbers on the new phone. So maybe he might offer the same to you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1342 posts
2 upvotes
IoannI wrote:
Mar 13th, 2008 8:50 pm
I noticed your location is Toronto. If you can go to the Telus store inside Dufferin Mall and go to the sales associate Rick, he's the guy who sold me my BB Pearl and he's pretty good. He's great they all are in that store. But everytime I go in there he asks me if the phones working fine or if I need any help using the features on the phone. He's the guy who said he will put the numbers on the new phone. So maybe he might offer the same to you.
Thank you so much for the offer. But I'm taking my business to Rogers. A friend is helping me get a better plan. Thanks.

× < >