how to get popcorn seasoning to stick

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2018 7:48 am
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes

how to get popcorn seasoning to stick

Anyone have any tricks to make popcorn seasoning stick to the popcorn?
Most of the seasoning I add just falls off to the bottom, about 50% sticks.

I thought about spraying the popcorn with 'cant believe its not butter'. So I can mist a thin layer all over the popcorn to make the seasoning stick better. Anyone do that?
10 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Lightly spray a 100% Extra virgin olive oil spray on the popcorn.
Remember, it's important to be gentle with the spraying.
Heavy spraying might sog the popcorn.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
2025 posts
1032 upvotes
GTA
butter!! melt butter.. put on the popcorn.. toss it around.. add seasoning..toss around..add more seasoning
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Lightly spray a 100% Extra virgin olive oil spray on the popcorn.
Remember, it's important to be gentle with the spraying.
Heavy spraying might sog the popcorn.

this is what I was thinking of, just a light mist. Spray it from a distance so it's not a heavy mist. Just to get some moisture around to get the seasoning to stick. I'll buy some and try it.

I heard cooking spray tastes terrible which is why I havn't tried it with that
ericlewis91 wrote: butter!! melt butter.. put on the popcorn.. toss it around.. add seasoning..toss around..add more seasoning
the butter never gets around either, I think the butter actually gets on less popcorn than the seasoning itself
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
2025 posts
1032 upvotes
GTA
toronto19850 wrote: this is what I was thinking of, just a light mist. Spray it from a distance so it's not a heavy mist. Just to get some moisture around to get the seasoning to stick. I'll buy some and try it.

I heard cooking spray tastes terrible which is why I havn't tried it with that

the butter never gets around either, I think the butter actually gets on less popcorn than the seasoning itself
even if you drizzle it???? very slow
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
ericlewis91 wrote: even if you drizzle it???? very slow
Have you ever tried this? I can't see how you think drizzling butter over popcorn goes on all of it.
Unless you used a whole stick of butter and could go back and fourth over every line of popcorn
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
1504 posts
943 upvotes
London, ON
I keep refrigerated dill pickle juice in a spritz bottle. Spray from a distance so there is enough moisture for the seasoning to stick. Toss and repeat as needed. I use nutritional yeast for a vegan cheese like taste. Works really well as a fat free alternative.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
davethegr8 wrote: I keep refrigerated dill pickle juice in a spritz bottle. Spray from a distance so there is enough moisture for the seasoning to stick. Toss and repeat as needed. I use nutritional yeast for a vegan cheese like taste. Works really well as a fat free alternative.
interesting, do you get a dill pickle tang when you eat the popcorn?
I actually like that, I'll try it. Better than the olive oil because my hands get oily enough
Apr 4, 2012
627 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
This thread is making me crave popcorn now, I haven't made popcorn in years, but I used to love it making it in a whirley pop, with butter flavoured coconut oil and some paprika, or Frank's red hot sauce
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7068 posts
3379 upvotes
Cant you just sneak in your popcorn into Cineplex and pour on their seasoning and free margarine?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
badOne wrote: Cant you just sneak in your popcorn into Cineplex and pour on their seasoning and free margarine?
Not sure if their seasoning makes any difference weather it sticks or not
the margarine only goes to the top. I've seen people use straws to try and get the margarine to the other areas but just just goes down the middle and coats a bit of popcorn, then the bottom of the bag is all wet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)