Entrepreneurship & Small Business

How to get a product manufactured in China?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2018 11:43 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Feb 25, 2018
392 posts
133 upvotes

How to get a product manufactured in China?

I have a product i have developed and i believe it is winner. I have sold some and need to mass produce it.
How do i find a manufacturer? I assume China is the best place. It is made from closed cell foam that needs to be custom formed. Also some metal bits. It is a sort of toy.
So, where do i start? Do i just go to some city in China with a product proto type and find a manufacturer?
5 replies
May 4, 2012
246 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga
If you go to alibaba.com, and search for "foam toy", you'll get over 107k items, and over 2k suppliers in your results. That will help you identify a variety of manufacturers you may be able to work with. Make your search terms even more specific if you can.
Then contact the suppliers that interest you, to open up dialogue to get quotes for what you have in mind.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
5415 posts
1168 upvotes
Whitby
succeed wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 12:55 pm
If you go to alibaba.com, and search for "foam toy", you'll get over 107k items, and over 2k suppliers in your results. That will help you identify a variety of manufacturers you may be able to work with. Make your search terms even more specific if you can.
Then contact the suppliers that interest you, to open up dialogue to get quotes for what you have in mind.
Thats cutting out the middleman, really speed up the time window for alibaba to knock off OP's toy!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6137 posts
741 upvotes
Toronto
How much capital are you planning to put into this first product of yours?
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.