how to get rid of a DOUBLE CHIN??

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2005 6:02 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 28, 2004
560 posts

how to get rid of a DOUBLE CHIN??

is double chin genetics?.....cuz i remember waaay back...when i was 4 or 5, sitting on my aunt's lap, i played with her double chin.....now that i'm older, my parents say that i look exactly like my aunt.....(who's in china, so i haven't seen her in a loooong while..)

anyway, back to the topic....so, i've got this double chin.....does anybody know how i can get rid of it?.....before it triples on me.......lol

thnx thnx!
well appreciated! :D
41 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
11102 posts
1342 upvotes
Georgetown
Sorry, I don't think you can target the double-chin area of your body with exercises....

I think the general way to lose a double chin is to lose weight, and hopefully, it goes with the weight....
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
1187 posts
1 upvote
Toronto ON
two things to help the double-chin thing.

One, it is often (not always) an indicator of excess body fat. If you decrease your overall body fat your double chin may subside a bit.

Secondly, it may be alleviated with some isometric exercises a bit....although not a traditional 'exercise'. If you're male, be sure to shave from the base of your neck in an upward motion. This helps encourage the skin to lift rather than the other way, which encourages it to droop a bit more.

If you're female, you can do the same thing, except with either your fingers, or if you're applying moisturizer, makeup start at the base of your neck and rub upward. (A cosmetic/aesthetic expert taught me that one years ago)

Cheers,
Tracy
Jan 25, 2004
292 posts
13 upvotes

or
To get rid of extra fat in the chin and neck area (and anywhere else on your body for that matter) you have to do more cardio activity.

To tone, here are two simple exercises you can try twice a day, courtesy of Jerry Robinson, research director of Health for Life, a Los Angeles-based health-education organization:

Press your palm to your forehead for 10 seconds while resisting with your head and neck. You should feel your neck and chin tighten. Repeat the movement with your hand on the back of your head, then on each side, with your hand cupped over your ear.

Lift your chin up and open and close your mouth as if you're chewing. Feel the muscles under your jaw and down the front of your neck tighten.
It's worth a try! Good luck.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
angela44 wrote:icuz i remember waaay back...when i was 4 or 5, sitting on my aunt's lap, i played with her double chin
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Banned
Jan 21, 2004
2600 posts
5 upvotes
Run to the next plastic surgeon or beg to the 'swan' producers,show them some blurry eyes.

What does this have to with a Deals site is the question of the day.
I wish there was no off topic board here since on each end every site these off-topic issues ruin the rest of the site.
Fineprint: Any brand that have [rfdlink=#]double underline link[/rfdlink] on my posts are not endorsed by me (unless stated otherwise) and automatically placed by the forum software for the site owners' commercial interests.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
yatko wrote:What does this have to with a Deals site is the question of the day.
I wish there was no off topic board here since on each end every site these off-topic issues ruin the rest of the site.
No one's forcing you to view the off topic boards.

Remove the off topic section and other non deal related boards and I guarantee you the site would fall apart. There's many people who come here(myself included) for the comunity itself.

If the site was deals only it would get much less traffic.
Banned
Jan 21, 2004
2600 posts
5 upvotes
How can I remove off topic from my New Posts page than? Is there any setting that will let me do so?
Some off topic stuff here in my opinion though waste of bandwidth and degrading the quality or focus of the site.

Teenagers or like minds are invading the net. How pity.
Carnage wrote:No one's forcing you to view the off topic boards.

Remove the off topic section and other non deal related boards and I guarantee you the site would fall apart. There's many people who come here(myself included) for the comunity itself.

Fineprint: Any brand that have [rfdlink=#]double underline link[/rfdlink] on my posts are not endorsed by me (unless stated otherwise) and automatically placed by the forum software for the site owners' commercial interests.
Banned
Jan 21, 2004
2600 posts
5 upvotes
daisyville wrote:.....and intolerance is ok? Sheesh.
It is not intolerance really. I don't want this to sound personal since I don't know the original poster and have nothing against, but s/he made 2 posts on the same topic at the same time.

I am not saying shut all the non deal related forums down but sometimes topics here are waay off IMO.
Nov 28, 2004
560 posts
Carnage wrote:No one's forcing you to view the off topic boards.

agreed! :cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri :cheesygri
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
yatko wrote:I am not saying shut all the non deal related forums down but sometimes topics here are waay off IMO.
That is why posts like these are in Offtopic.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
yatko wrote:How can I remove off topic from my New Posts page than? Is there any setting that will let me do so?
Some off topic stuff here in my opinion though waste of bandwidth and degrading the quality or focus of the site.
No offense but it's really not that hard to scan through a list of topics and know which are of interest to you and which are not.

So what if you see a topic like this show up in your new posts query. Instead of taking 1 second to skip and look at the next topic you've wasted alot more time to go in, read a whole thread, and then make a comment on how you interpret a thread to be useless.

There are alot of threads on this site. And when I'm browsing around I only look at the ones I know look interesting. It's really not that hard to do.
Banned
Jan 21, 2004
2600 posts
5 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:That is why posts like these are in Offtopic.
Posts like these are not off topic for a deals site, these are waay off.
These posts can belong a dating/community, health etc related site.

Not a deals site.

But who am I preaching.
Dec 13, 2004
968 posts
71 upvotes
to get rid of a double chin, get a triple chin! whoot! :cheesygri
- Instant noodle is the way for a healthy balanced diet
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
yatko wrote:Posts like these are not off topic for a deals site, these are waay off.
These posts can belong a dating/community, health etc related site.

Not a deals site.

But who am I preaching.
Posts on deals would probably stay in the BST section.

Offtopic means off topic. If you go to a car forum their Offtopic forum isn't necessarily related to cars. If you go to a video game forum their Offtopic forum isn't related to video games. Hence it's called Offtopic....
Dec 16, 2003
682 posts
21 upvotes
Scar
doraemi wrote:to get rid of a double chin, get a triple chin! whoot! :cheesygri
hahaha, it works and easier than any other methods :cheesygri :cheesygri
Dec 16, 2003
682 posts
21 upvotes
Scar
off topic is more fun, i visit off topic more often then the "hot deals"
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
6 upvotes
Lyposuction it out. Or suck it up! Get it?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)