Off Topic Archive

Locked: How to get rid of kimchi smell in fridge?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2006 4:52 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 10, 2003
2553 posts
1 upvote
GTA

How to get rid of kimchi smell in fridge?

Hey guys

I recently moved into this apartment that a Korean girl was living in. She must've had tons of Kimchi in her fridge, cuz my fridge just stank after she left. Tried wiping the inside with water, putting Arm and Hammer and even putting cut lemons inside. The smell is less but still there! Makes me wanna puke.

Any solutions?
Share:
43 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2002
1064 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
cover it with something equally strong smelling but that you like more?
Oct 30, 2002
25 posts
an open box of baking soda.
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11811 posts
20 upvotes
SupraTT wrote:an open box of baking soda.
Person said they already put Arm & Hammer in there.
I think just keep rotating the a&M in there. Eventually it should get rid of the smell.
From a "Family" reviewer: "We Cheer teaches coordination, enticement to lust, women being used as sex objects, and team work."

From Worthy Playing: "We Cheer is, then, for all intents and purposes, the F-Zero GX of music games. It asks for so much, yet forgives so little. It is actually so casual that it's hardcore."
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2005
5608 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
get an open box of baking soda and use arm and hammers vaccum thinghy where you rip out pieces of cardboard for it to suck more air in. If its an extremly strong smell and you can't remove it with soap and lemon pieces. Its most likely loads of garlic. I can't think of anything else unless she you know what inside of it but thats unlikely.
Heat 43-0-0
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
1930 posts
173 upvotes
Did you try vinegar and water? That's a pretty good disinfectant and a good cleaner.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3316 posts
31 upvotes
Richmond
lol isn't kimchee just water and vinegar as well?
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4672 posts
47 upvotes
Local
Open up the fridge, take everything out and put it in another fridge for a day.
clean it out, dont put stuff in, put something like squirting lemons inside the fridge so there will be a lemon smelll taking over the kimchi smell for a day. Then put everything back. Don't unplug the fridge. Unplugged fridges smell...
Deal Addict
May 7, 2005
2787 posts
40 upvotes
M@rk wrote:lol isn't kimchee just water and vinegar as well?
no....

To get rid of the smell of kimchee, first you must do 2 things..............

First. get several pitcher and fill it with lemonade...Get rid of contents of frisge

Second. place pitchers into (inside) the fridge and let the lemonade soak up the fumes

One week later. Take out the pitchers of lemonade, Place some baking soda inside fridge.

Let baking soda, "engulf" the odours..

One week later, remove the "baking soda" and repeat this process for 35 years...

Kimchi smell is a ***** to get rid of.....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
espeed wrote:Hey guys

I recently moved into this apartment that a Korean girl was living in. She must've had tons of Kimchi in her fridge, cuz my fridge just stank after she left. Tried wiping the inside with water, putting Arm and Hammer and even putting cut lemons inside. The smell is less but still there! Makes me wanna puke.

Any solutions?
is the girl hot? ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2005
1358 posts
9 upvotes
rdtx2002 wrote:is the girl hot? ;)
Yeah yeah... Thread is useless without picturse.. !!!!!

We want pictures... of.. her... and maybe the fridge.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 12, 2003
7793 posts
36 upvotes
Instagator wrote:Yeah yeah... Thread is useless without picturse.. !!!!!

We want pictures... of.. her... and maybe the fridge.
her and the fridge together! ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
1979 posts
7 upvotes
Kingston
I didn't read the thread, might have already been suggested...but coffee grounds.
mix them with water so it's a thick paste and scrub the inside with it....obviously rinsing as you go.
That's what they reccommend for getting the stink out of a deep freeze.....so it's gotta work for a fridge....same materials.
apparently the plastic insides of the fridge absorb the smell.....you need something that can be absorbed that is stronger than it.
Dec 11, 2005
371 posts
i try googling (keywords: kimchi, smell) the answers for you. let me tell ya it doesn't look good.

i have a funny feeling you will smell like kimchi. :lol:

anyways, it's the first i ever heard of the word kimchi.

and the smell is that horrible huh? now i live in fear of kimchi. :cheesygri
× < >