None
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2313 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON

How to Get Rid of this Mark?

Hey guys,

I've had this rubber mat I bought from HK placed on my passenger dash for quite some time during the summer. Now I've decided I don't want this rubber mat anymore, I lift it up and now leaves a mark. I guess its been under the sun for so long, it left a residue. Ive tried everything at my disposal to remove it (Crappy Tire products) I still cannot for the life of me remove it. It doesn't bother me that much.. but I cant help but notice it everytime I look to my right while driving lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2007
1224 posts
92 upvotes
Well, if it's a residue and not just fading from the light, you might try Goo Gone?
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2313 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Actually it is is fading from the sunlight, and not residue as mentioned before. I even tried magic eraser..
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
6354 posts
1013 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PSiBeR wrote: Actually it is is fading from the sunlight, and not residue as mentioned before. I even tried magic eraser..

magic eraser is slightly abrasive. Try using blackwow or some sort of trim dressing.
Apr 5, 2010
951 posts
227 upvotes
Buy a large rubber mat, cut it out to the shape of the lighter sections of the dashboard, place it there and let the car sit in the sun for X amount of time.
Jan 5, 2004
581 posts
17 upvotes
Laval
try using a pink rubber eraser. Also why would you want a mat on the dash?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)