Off Topic Archive

Locked: How to go to Downtown Toronto from Brampton by Public transit?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2008 9:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes

How to go to Downtown Toronto from Brampton by Public transit?

Anyone from Brampton and sheer some light?
Share:
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7737 posts
3647 upvotes
Depends on where you are in Brampton ...
My gf lives close to Bovaird Go station and thats what she takes to downtown Toronto where she works.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes
boyoflondon wrote:
Aug 14th, 2007 11:51 pm
Depends on where you are in Brampton ...
My gf lives close to Bovaird Go station and thats what she takes to downtown Toronto where she works.
Okay. From my understanding, there are two ways.

One is by GO Transit where you go directly from Brampton GO station to Union.
The other way is by taking Brampton transit to Finch then take the TTC subway to Union.

Which way is better and cheaper?

Thanks~!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
7737 posts
3647 upvotes
Like I said, my GF uses your option one ... GO train to Union and then she walks the rest ... I know she says its really quick, now for the price I am not sure but I am pretty sure she looked at that as well. Can ask her tomorrow if you'd like more info ..
Jun 22, 2005
633 posts
5 upvotes
Brampton
edit, read the questions wrong, do everything but oposite

It really depends on how much time do you want to spend

FAST but expensive

Go to Union Station, and take the Brampton train and get off at any of the three Brampton stations. Then from there, take the Brampton bus there wherever you want to go.

SLOW Number 1

Take the subway to Islington and take the Mississauga bus number 11. Keep the transfer as you will be able to use it on Brampton busses. 11 will take you to Westwood mall. Take the Brampton bus number 14 which travels on Torbram. From there, you can get off at transfer points, depends where you are going.

SLOW Number 2

Take the subway to Downsview, then board to Viva Orange bus. Keep the viva ticket as you will be able to use it on the Brampton busses. Take the Viva until it starts to travel on Highway 7. Get off at any stop along highway 7, but try to stay on till the end because the Viva is more comfortable. From there, take the 77 going east, and it will take you directly to Bramalea City Centre. Take the Brampton bus from there-depends where you are going.

SLOWEST

Go to Finch station, then take the 77, which takes you to Bramalea. This may seem simple, but it takes the longest.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes
can't get 'nough dealz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2007 12:03 am
edit, read the questions wrong, do everything but oposite

It really depends on how much time do you want to spend

FAST but expensive

Go to Union Station, and take the Brampton train and get off at any of the three Brampton stations. Then from there, take the Brampton bus there wherever you want to go.

SLOW Number 1

Take the subway to Islington and take the Mississauga bus number 11. Keep the transfer as you will be able to use it on Brampton busses. 11 will take you to Westwood mall. Take the Brampton bus number 14 which travels on Torbram. From there, you can get off at transfer points, depends where you are going.

SLOW Number 2

Take the subway to Downsview, then board to Viva Orange bus. Keep the viva ticket as you will be able to use it on the Brampton busses. Take the Viva until it starts to travel on Highway 7. Get off at any stop along highway 7, but try to stay on till the end because the Viva is more comfortable. From there, take the 77 going east, and it will take you directly to Bramalea City Centre. Take the Brampton bus from there-depends where you are going.

SLOWEST

Go to Finch station, then take the 77, which takes you to Bramalea. This may seem simple, but it takes the longest.
Hi http://www.gotransit.com/PUBLICROOT/FAR ... spx#frcity

Correct me if I'm wrong, it costs $5.70 to take the Go Transit to Downtown Toronto right?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2006
1028 posts
160 upvotes
If you're going to take YRT/VIVA, and Brampton Transit from Bramalea C.C.

http://tripplanner.yrt.ca/hiwire?.a=iTr ... s=388ee55a

Use YRT's new trip planner, it will tell you which way is faster (Finch or Downsview Subway Station) based on the time you're leaving Bramalea City Centre.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6222 posts
764 upvotes
GO Bus from your closest GO Bus station (or train station if you're close to one of those) is the best option. I wouldn't even consider any others unless GO isn't running since they take way too long. This way, you don't even have to use crappy Brampton Transit.
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
11890 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
77 to Finch Station -> Subway to downtown.
Deal with it.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5428 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Brampton is a huge city with 3 GO stations. You should state where you're starting from, otherwise this whole exercise is moot.
Jul 13, 2007
11 posts
Toronto, Ontario
I'm totally new to the traveling up to Brampton thing. I'm wondering if all the Brampton Go Stations will have buses available and if I can take any of them to get to Cottrelle Blvd & Redwillow Rd.

http://www.brampton.ca/transit/current- ... FA46C79668

From this link, it appears my trip will be to go to Mount Pleasant GO Station > Take the #23 Sandalwood bus to Cottrelle Blvd & Redwillow Rd. Is this correct or is there a better way?

Two more question, the closet GO station to me is Bloor but on weekends it doesn't run. Any ideas? So I'm guessing, I would have to go to Union Station and take a bus? Can any knowledgeable members give me the specifics like what to do from there? Once again the destination is Cottrelle Blvd & Redwillow Rd.

I checked the GO transit site and it seems once 2:30 PM passes, all the service stops? Anyone have any idea how I would get home or atleast to a TTC station?

Thanks a lot guy!
Jun 22, 2005
633 posts
5 upvotes
Brampton
do not go all the way to mount plesant, then take 23, it takes way to long.

Here are some options for you.

Take to go train all the way to Bramalea GO. Take the 15 North to Sandalwood, then transfer to the 23 east.

Remember that when you're coming from a go train station, you keep your ticket and you only pay 50 cents to board the BT.

Take the subway to Islington. Take the 11 to Westwood Mall (mississauga bus). This 11 is really fast cause it uses the highway. Keep the transfer at take the number 5, and get off at cotrelle. It doesnt take you directly to cotrelle and redwillow, but it will be much faster and cheeper.

Your GF lives in a very new area, so its not very accessible, but if you check schedules properly and learn to live with it like i did, its much faster that you think
Jul 13, 2007
11 posts
Toronto, Ontario
http://www.brampton.ca/transit/current- ... 8C46C9FC25

So take the 15 North to Sandalwood. That is J/Sandalwood Pkwy & Bramalea Rd right? So how do I transfer? Do I just show them my GO ticket or do I pick one up when I enter the bus?

And for the weekend problem, I can go Union Station > Brampton Train > To a Brampton station right?

Is there a certain time the service stops running? On the schedule, it seems to cut off at 2:30 PM, how do I get back downtown after that time from leaving Cottrelle and Redwillow?
Jun 22, 2005
633 posts
5 upvotes
Brampton
on the weekend, ur going to have to use option 2, when u transfer, u get a transfer when u pay ur 50 cents

option 2 is best when there is no go train operating, cheeper too

or

take the GO Bus from Yorkdale or York Mills, get off at Bramalea, (pay the BT guy full fare, 50 cents only works at the GO stations), take any bus that goes north to Sandalwood, which ever comes first, that could be 18 or 15, the transfer on the 23 going east.

GO Busses run all week, incl. w.ends
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes
there is no way to head back from Brampton using Go. Your best bet is to take the 77 back to Finch station. It's about an hour which is not too bad compare to 45 mins on the Go.
× < >