Entertainment

How I Met Your Father (formerly How I Met Your Dad formerly HIMY Mother spin off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 2:46 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8812 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto

How I Met Your Father (formerly How I Met Your Dad formerly HIMY Mother spin off)

jenviea wrote:
Oct 30th, 2013 8:06 pm
Yes this show is finally ending but are you ready for "How I Met Your Father" ?
http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/cbs-how ... r-spinoff/
Preliminary character outlines
Lessee female Ted, female Barney, gay Marshall/Lily
http://tvline.com/2014/01/31/how-i-met- ... ay-couple/
Last edited by jenviea on Jan 31st, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
41 replies
Nov 9, 2013
222 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Not sure how this is going to turn out :S
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2942 posts
212 upvotes
Kingston
This will bomb badly

Spinoffs or whatever you want to call this very rarely ever work
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
417 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
She's a divorcee? Really? A male married gay couple? Uh, hi - Cameron and Mitchell (of Modern Family) wants their hip, radical plotlines back. Judging from the character listing, Frank is the new (Robin) that will date Sally (Ted) for awhile then not ultimately end up together.

This is nothing but a big milking cash grab!!
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
CSAgent wrote:
Feb 1st, 2014 11:33 am
She's a divorcee? Really? A male married gay couple? Uh, hi - Cameron and Mitchell (of Modern Family) wants their hip, radical plotlines back. Judging from the character listing, Frank is the new (Robin) that will date Sally (Ted) for awhile then not ultimately end up together.

It might be a copy of Modern Family, but who says network TV has to be limited to one gay married couple?
[QUOTE]I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.[/QUOTE] ~Andy Bernard, The Office (U.S.)
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13931 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
meh.. i didn't think this was actually going to happen :\
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3453 posts
290 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Sigh. Talk about milking an idea.
Deal Expert
Jan 8, 2007
23324 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
CSAgent wrote:
Feb 1st, 2014 11:33 am

They should have Frank and Robin be the divorced couple to explore what would happen if Ted and Robin had gotten married and it not work out.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
6122 posts
983 upvotes
Fort Saskatchewan
This just sounds so horrible.
˙dlǝɥ ɹoɟ ǝɯ WԀ oʇ ǝɯoɔlǝʍ lǝǝℲ ˙spɹolɹǝʌO pℲɹ ʎɯ ɟo ǝɔᴉʌɹǝs uᴉ ƃuᴉʇɐɹǝpoW ʎlᴉddɐH
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9891 posts
916 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote:
Feb 1st, 2014 7:41 am
This will bomb badly

Spinoffs or whatever you want to call this very rarely ever work
Actually, there have been quite a few spinoffs that have been very successful: Frasier, Facts of Life, A Different World, The Simpsons, etc. Sure many of them fell flat, but success is hardly rare.

I do think this will fail though.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4171 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
EmperorOfCanada wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2014 12:45 pm
This just sounds so horrible.
The last few seasons of HIMYM was horrible enough as they ran out of fresh ideas and jokes. I can't fathom why they would want to create a whole new series and recycle the garbage yet again.
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2942 posts
212 upvotes
Kingston
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2014 1:24 pm
Actually, there have been quite a few spinoffs that have been very successful: Frasier, Facts of Life, A Different World, The Simpsons, etc. Sure many of them fell flat, but success is hardly rare.

I do think this will fail though.
There will always be successful spinoffs or else Hollywood would have stopped trying yrs ago. All I am saying is that the majority of spinoffs never work and this one will fail badly
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15822 posts
574 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Get your predictions in! Cancelled after 1st season? Mid-season?
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉