Entertainment

How I Met Your Father (formerly How I Met Your Dad formerly HIMY Mother spin off)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 2:46 am
Tags:
None
Oct 18, 2011
240 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver
Yeah, CBS destroys all the other networks when it comes to the overall picture. They have some of the most successful shows running right now.

FOX on the other hand...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5491 posts
1215 upvotes
I still have a bad taste in my mouth from HIMYM's series finale. It's really too bad given how that show started.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1169 posts
161 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 10:26 am
I still have a bad taste in my mouth from HIMYM's series finale. It's really too bad given how that show started.
Same for me. I hated the entire last season and how it revolved around that one weekend. 9 seasons of build up and we got that as a finale. Sigh.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5491 posts
1215 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 11:23 am
Same for me. I hated the entire last season and how it revolved around that one weekend. 9 seasons of build up and we got that as a finale. Sigh.
It was pretty much:

"Ok almost a decade and here's the mom but OH WAIT, SHE DIES! So here's Robyn again!"
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1169 posts
161 upvotes
BluePhirePB wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 3:12 pm
It was pretty much:

"Ok almost a decade and here's the mom but OH WAIT, SHE DIES! So here's Robyn again!"
They teased the amazing story of how they met for a decade, but really the amazing parts of the story had absolutely nothing to do with the mother.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jan 6, 2015
70 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yes it sucked that the Mother died in the end but if you think about the whole thing. Not all love stories have a happy ending even though you found the perfect one. Also, how I met showed us the power of destiny dont you think? In spite of everything that had happaned, the writer/s went back to the very first episode where Ted and Robin were meant for each others.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1169 posts
161 upvotes
Agapitogwapito wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 4:21 pm
Yes it sucked that the Mother died in the end but if you think about the whole thing. Not all love stories have a happy ending even though you found the perfect one. Also, how I met showed us the power of destiny dont you think? In spite of everything that had happaned, the writer/s went back to the very first episode where Ted and Robin were meant for each others.
Ya but the way they went back and forth between Ted and Robin for 9 seadons and then throwing in Barney mid way through made it less special. Felt like the Friends finale where Ross and Rachel FINALLY decided to be together.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 22, 2014
470 posts
102 upvotes
Regina, SK
The problem I had with it was that they spent a significant part of the last two seasons hammering down the fact that Barney and Robin were the perfect couple, plus a few key moments to show that Ted was really accepting that fact. There was also a lot of development for Barney and Robin becoming characters that would actually settle down and get married. The series finale crapped all over the Barney and Robin characters/relationship for very little reason other than to make Robin available for Ted.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
2924 posts
208 upvotes
Kingston
The issue with Season 9 was that they spent so much time on the wedding, even throwing in filler episodes here and there and then literally spending zero development time in the finale. The finale was a hogwash of a bunch of crap thrown together with no lead up. What did the mother die of? We assume cancer, but we don't know for sure. One sec Ted and Tracy (mother) were in love, the next sec they were in a hospital ward and she was on her death bed, piss poor execution there imo. Had they maybe cut down the wedding crap to maybe episode 20 or sooner and then started building towards the finale around episode 21, there wouldn't have been so much stuff thrown at the viewer in a 2 episode finale.

There is an alternate ending out there on YouTube that I watched about 3 months ago and if the producers had aired that ending, it would have received a lot more fanfare then the one that aired. The mother doesn't die, Robin and Barney stay together, etc, etc, etc.... It actually wrapped up the series quite nicely and ppl would have walked away satisfied. Instead we got what we got, and because of that, this show will be remembered as nothing more than a massively drawn out tease that ppl continuously got sucked in too with a crappy ending to what could have been a great show.
May 22, 2016
758 posts
98 upvotes
Ontario
Let it go!!! Robin and Barney getting together ruined the show. It went downhill once they stared. It was against the bro code.