Home & Garden

How to insulate basement with studs already up?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2018 3:45 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
3208 posts
1526 upvotes
wheelz wrote: I got one more question. How do you add vapor barrier around outlets? I don't want to disconnect the wiring.
For a job like that, your simplest bet is to simply vapour barrier right over the box or boxes, and carefully cut an X in front, folding or cutting away the triangles of plastic. When you put the receptacle back in, use one of those foam rubber cover plate gaskets. it will not be a perfect seal, but is it a perfect basement? it will be good enough, especially if you use Roxul
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."
Just a guy who dabbles in lots of stuff learning along the way. I do have opinions, and readily share them!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
I'm going to be honest. The questions your asking don't instill much confidence in your ability to DIY this work.

This is a straightforward repair. If you're getting nervous about moving a few wires (temporarily), consider hiring a contractor and having a permit pulled.
Let's hug it out
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
1845 posts
783 upvotes
Vaughan
RCGA wrote: I'm going to be honest. The questions your asking don't instill much confidence in your ability to DIY this work.

This is a straightforward repair. If you're getting nervous about moving a few wires (temporarily), consider hiring a contractor and having a permit pulled.
I do everything myself and can remove the wiring, just being lazy.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)