Cell Phones

How to jailbreak my iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1 10A523)?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2012 5:37 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3148 posts
98 upvotes

How to jailbreak my iPhone 4 (iOS 6.0.1 10A523)?

Can anyone provide a link to a jailbreak that works? I tried a guide from YouTube but it didn't work...

I have an iPhone 4 -- at iOS 6.01 (10A523) ... and I'm on TELUS ... I'm guessing it's on a GSM and not a CDMA network. How can I tell?
5 replies
Aug 28, 2010
909 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
unfortunately there is no untethered JB yet for A4/A5 6.0.1 devices.

BUT there are tethered JBs. I just did this today on my iPhone 4 6.0.1 using SnowBreeze.

1. Download your matching 6.0.1 IPSW file (iphone 4 GSM or CDMA version)
2. Download Snow Breeze
3. Using Snow Breeze create a custom 6.0.1 IPSW
4. Once the custom IPSW is installed on your phone, run the app iBooty (found on desktop after you run SnowBreeze)

**NOTE: You will need to run iBooty eachtime to re-jailbreak your phone if you ever shut it off/reboot/lose battery
It is a 45second process to re-jailbreak after steps 1-3 are complete. I do not find it a huge problem so far... enjoy!!
May 14, 2010
880 posts
53 upvotes
Halifax
actually GSM for the iphone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telus_Mobility

On November 5, 2009, Telus launched a GSM/HSPA+ network.[9] This newer technology eliminates many of the limitations found with CDMA technology. The launch of this additional network allowed Telus to become the third Canadian carrier to offer iPhone products. The HSPA+ network meant that Telus saved money by avoiding the purchase of expensive CDMA-based devices while obtaining the more popular HSPA devices at a lower cost.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3148 posts
98 upvotes
porchemasi wrote:
Dec 27th, 2012 6:20 am
unfortunately there is no untethered JB yet for A4/A5 6.0.1 devices.

BUT there are tethered JBs. I just did this today on my iPhone 4 6.0.1 using SnowBreeze.

1. Download your matching 6.0.1 IPSW file (iphone 4 GSM or CDMA version)
2. Download Snow Breeze
3. Using Snow Breeze create a custom 6.0.1 IPSW
4. Once the custom IPSW is installed on your phone, run the app iBooty (found on desktop after you run SnowBreeze)

**NOTE: You will need to run iBooty eachtime to re-jailbreak your phone if you ever shut it off/reboot/lose battery
It is a 45second process to re-jailbreak after steps 1-3 are complete. I do not find it a huge problem so far... enjoy!!
Thanks. This method actually worked for me!
× < >