Home & Garden

How are Kingsdown mattresses compared to Simmons, Sealy, Serta?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2007 11:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes

How are Kingsdown mattresses compared to Simmons, Sealy, Serta?

How are Kingsdown mattresses compared to Simmons, Sealy, Serta? Specifically the ones with the euro-top pocket coil.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
4462 posts
4127 upvotes
I was mattress shopping last month, what I found is just find a bed that you're most comfortable with. I'm not sure whether others have similar experience, but the Sealy Mattress that I bought has its coils collapse within the first week, so I have to go thru the trouble of having it replace via warranty.

In another word, brand doesn't really matter IMHO, since I have read somewhere during my research that all coils comes from the same coil manufacturer, so just find a bed that you like, at the price that you want to pay and from a quality retailer who provides good after sales service.

BTW, have you checked this out? I'm not avocating you to go out and bid on it, though, what you may want to do is to track the ending price so you can use it as a point of negotiation.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7432 posts
2245 upvotes
Etobicoke
I've slept on a Kingsdown mattress for the past 10 years without any problems.

Fact is, once you put the cover on, people won't be able to tell what type of mattress it is. And I haven't met anyone who can lie down on a mattress and tell me what brand it is.

What matters more than brand name is construction quality (there are high-end and low-end lines from all manufacturers). High-end lines tend to be built better so it'll last longer before sagging or material wearing thru.

All mattresses require regular rotation to keep it lasting longer. And adding mattress pads help make it feel softer.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15540 posts
981 upvotes
Niagara Falls
We have a 3 yr old euro-top pocket coil Kingsdown and love it. Hubby has a bad back and I have a medical condition that requires a good, firm mattress. Personally I prefer the Kinsdown to the Sealy's or Serta's...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5897 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
CSK'sMom wrote: We have a 3 yr old euro-top pocket coil Kingsdown and love it. Hubby has a bad back and I have a medical condition that requires a good, firm mattress. Personally I prefer the Kinsdown to the Sealy's or Serta's...
I guess to each his own. My wife & I can't stand the Kingsdown mattress. Never once had a good night sleep on it!!!! Love my serta though!!!!! Sleep like a baby.

This is a tough question to ask everyone opinion on as everyone has different taste!!!!

sk
Feb 14, 2002
426 posts
88 upvotes
I've only used Kingsdown mattresses. I have Kingsdown mattresses in all my bedrooms. I'm very happy with them and have had no problems.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)