Off Topic Archive

Locked: How long Canada customs take to clear the item???

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2012 7:34 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1905 posts
410 upvotes
Surrey

How long Canada customs take to clear the item???

I have phone shipped from US. Since last 36 hours it is still on same status as per tracking. (International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs ) Is there any no. I can call customs directly to find out. What are my options in there. Seller used USPS with Priority mail Thanks
Share:
56 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2884 posts
29 upvotes
Depends on whether or not your item gets inspected or not.

Basically no matter what type of mail they are (ie priority, etc) they all get put in the same line.
The wonderous minds of some RFDers:
nx2k wrote:
Apr 13th, 2009 5:47 am
so let me get this straight
if you did the crime, you should do the time?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1905 posts
410 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks
The reason seller sent throught priority mail cause I need it by this friday and usps told him that it will be delivered by friday. I know item is declared price I paid and I have to pay taxes on it, which I am aware of it. So there is no no. to contact them at all regarding the status of your item??
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6692 posts
353 upvotes
Toronto
For USPS/CP, Canada Customs can take however long they want to clear your item. For $5, do you think you're getting priority service? Hell no.

You pay more for UPS, but they guarantee their delivery including customs clearance if your shipment is really time sensitive.

Never EVER create delivery expectations for USPS. It arrives when it arrives. Period.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
3680 posts
266 upvotes
Bumping an old thread because I'm curious.

I've ordered probably hundreds of things over the years from the states (online merchants and ebay) and have never had it last longer than a day or two in customs. As of right now I've got an item "International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs" since last Thursday morning. Has anyone else ever had something held for 4 business days? The reason I'm curious is that the package had a reasonable value (~$300 USD) and if I suspect it's been "lost" along the way I'd like to contact the seller to initiate a trace on it.

I've had a few packages go missing before, but never at customs. Do they steal like Canada Post does?
Everything in moderation... including moderation :twisted:
Nov 9, 2008
438 posts
29 upvotes
2009/11/23 07:47 VILLE ST-LAURENT International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
2009/11/18 14:20 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

i am still waiting and have no way of contacting custom's ... canadapost says `call the sender` the sender says `call canadapost`.

how convenient.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1970 posts
83 upvotes
d5486 wrote:
Dec 11th, 2009 10:18 am
2009/11/23 07:47 VILLE ST-LAURENT International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
2009/11/18 14:20 International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada

i am still waiting and have no way of contacting custom's ... canadapost says `call the sender` the sender says `call canadapost`.

how convenient.

It's the holiday. I had to wait about 4 days for my package to clear Customs. So your package is either being checked by Customs or lost.

Also, don't bump old threads unless it's relevant.
Jan 3, 2007
163 posts
1 upvote
I'm having the same problem with customs! My package has been held at customs for 8 days now and the value was under $1000.

It's an R/C radio from Germany.. maybe they think it's some kind of terrorist tool?!? :rolleyes:
Feb 8, 2003
131 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
bill_best wrote:
Apr 15th, 2010 4:28 pm
I'm having the same problem with customs! My package has been held at customs for 8 days now and the value was under $1000.

It's an R/C radio from Germany.. maybe they think it's some kind of terrorist tool?!? :rolleyes:
which city is your package in?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
5771 posts
664 upvotes
I called them up once for some ear phones and they answer was some packages could take up to 3~4 months to clear. Yes, that is "months".

I ended up getting mine after a month in custom.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Jan 13, 2004
589 posts
25 upvotes
If it gets inspected, there is a chance it could take months. I've had one item take two months in customs for a small Japanese plastic model. I've also ordered books from the US once, and it took 3 months....I got the replacement shipment 2 months before the original one arrived haha. Or it might just be an extra day or two.
Apr 4, 2004
727 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I purchased some CITIWIDE Filters from ebay at earlier December, it has been stuck at Vancouver Customs for over 10 days. The price of the item is less than $10.
Dec 10, 2007
596 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
:(
goJays wrote:
Jan 12th, 2011 2:35 am
2010/12/28 21:14 VANCOUVER International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

Did you end up getting your shipment?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
5776 posts
20 upvotes
gbssengo wrote:
Feb 15th, 2011 9:46 am
:(

Did you end up getting your shipment?

of course. i'm at like 98% success rate so far, only item i never received was a lighter resembling an ak47 bullet from DX :( but that was years ago.

tracking is not always updated on time. i have another package coming and the tracking id doesn't even work this time
× < >