None
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2007
1291 posts
1119 upvotes
MeiserT wrote:
Dec 4th, 2009 5:26 pm
You must be on the west coast.

Stuff from Hong Kong only takes 5-6 days to get to Vancouver. Then we are at the mercy of customs and Canada Post. :|
I'm in Montreal actually, and I tend to buy things of very low value, maybe they don't get held up as long.
[OP]
May 8, 2008
786 posts
11 upvotes
wachidarin wrote:
Dec 4th, 2009 5:42 pm
I'm in Montreal actually, and I tend to buy things of very low value, maybe they don't get held up as long.
I hope I have the same luck. I want to take this battery on my trip and I'm leaving on Wednesday. It's low value and very low weight...fingers crossed.
Nov 9, 2009
56 posts
I've placed 100+ orders from DealExtreme (in Hong Kong) and after the loonngggg processing time, they all arrived in about 2 weeks - sometimes less, sometimes more.

The trip from Hong Kong to Canada (usually Mississauga, I guess Pearson, according to tracking) is quite quick, a day or two, the customs clearance and journey with Canada Post is the long part.
Jun 19, 2009
547 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered a bunch of Stocking stuffers of off Dealextreme on Nov 8th.

Granted it didnt ship right away as some items were OOS, but it did give me extra time to find out about extra bubble wrapping requests, and send those in a few days later.

Long story cut short, I was getting concerned as it hadn't posted to the HK post for a while, so I wrote DX and explained that all were Xmas presents, and even if
they could send me the ones that were in stock, that would be great.

So a nice lady on the other end did do that, and luckily the few items OOS were not the best of my stocking stuffer list...Bamboo in a keyring anyone ;)

Anyways, thankfully, HKpost posted that it was released to Canada for shipping Dec 3rd. As long as I can get it before Christmas i'm happy.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15908 posts
354 upvotes
one week airmail for me.
dx takes a long time though. based on experience, 2-3 weeks from them
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2006
1054 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Actually this time the delay is not caused by Canada Post, I have a registered letter which was sent last week from HK and the tracking just show it had left HK today. There's about 5 days delay in my case:

Delay in Outbound Air Mail Service (http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/misc/sp ... /index.htm)

Recent months have witnessed an upsurge of some 30% in outbound air mail compared to corresponding period last year. In addition, with the impact of global financial crisis, airlines have cut back on their flights. These have resulted in the overall supply of air cargo space lagging far behind demand. Hence delays by one to two weeks have been caused to outbound air mail for a number of destinations including Brazil, Russia, the US and Europe since late October.

Hongkong Post is most concerned about the situation. With our efforts to secure extra air cargo space from all possible sources and arrange chartered flights, as well as to liaise with other postal administrations to dispatch air mail via postal transfer, the situation regarding the conveyance of outbound air mail has noticeably improved. Presently the outbound air mail service may still experience a delay of three to five days, but hopefully will resume normal after Christmas.
Apr 4, 2007
92 posts
2 upvotes
jordanstj wrote:
Dec 4th, 2009 10:11 pm
I've placed 100+ orders from DealExtreme (in Hong Kong) and after the loonngggg processing time, they all arrived in about 2 weeks - sometimes less, sometimes more.

The trip from Hong Kong to Canada (usually Mississauga, I guess Pearson, according to tracking) is quite quick, a day or two, the customs clearance and journey with Canada Post is the long part.
just wondering when your goodies arrive do you have to pay extra $$$ like brokerage fees etc.
[OP]
May 8, 2008
786 posts
11 upvotes
Is there any way to track the package? I've asked the seller several times and he never answer the question. It doesn't make much difference now, because if I don't receive it by tomorrow it'll be too late.
Jun 19, 2009
547 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
JJ23 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2009 11:42 pm
I ordered a bunch of Stocking stuffers of off Dealextreme on Nov 8th.

Granted it didnt ship right away as some items were OOS, but it did give me extra time to find out about extra bubble wrapping requests, and send those in a few days later.

Long story cut short, I was getting concerned as it hadn't posted to the HK post for a while, so I wrote DX and explained that all were Xmas presents, and even if
they could send me the ones that were in stock, that would be great.

So a nice lady on the other end did do that, and luckily the few items OOS were not the best of my stocking stuffer list...Bamboo in a keyring anyone ;)

Anyways, thankfully, HKpost posted that it was released to Canada for shipping Dec 3rd. As long as I can get it before Christmas i'm happy.
Received this package on December 7th. So the commute time from once it leaves HK Post to the destinatoin country can be quick.
Initial order was placed Nov 8th (hoping :D i'd be in time for Christmas gifts).

What I learned. DX takes a while getting it too HK post, once there, they get it out fast. (Suppliers etc.)

PS: I had to send a message to DX when some things were still not being sent due to others being OOS, and then they sent me this package of the things they had. Still decent.
Aug 10, 2009
775 posts
88 upvotes
bst wrote:
Dec 5th, 2009 12:30 am
Actually this time the delay is not caused by Canada Post, I have a registered letter which was sent last week from HK and the tracking just show it had left HK today. There's about 5 days delay in my case:

Delay in Outbound Air Mail Service (http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/misc/sp ... /index.htm)

Recent months have witnessed an upsurge of some 30% in outbound air mail compared to corresponding period last year. In addition, with the impact of global financial crisis, airlines have cut back on their flights. These have resulted in the overall supply of air cargo space lagging far behind demand. Hence delays by one to two weeks have been caused to outbound air mail for a number of destinations including Brazil, Russia, the US and Europe since late October.

Hongkong Post is most concerned about the situation. With our efforts to secure extra air cargo space from all possible sources and arrange chartered flights, as well as to liaise with other postal administrations to dispatch air mail via postal transfer, the situation regarding the conveyance of outbound air mail has noticeably improved. Presently the outbound air mail service may still experience a delay of three to five days, but hopefully will resume normal after Christmas.
No wonder I haven't received my order from dealextreme. It's been 3/12 weeks. :(
× < >