Fitness and Nutrition

How many inches for arms to be considered big?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2010 10:19 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 28, 2008
571 posts
53 upvotes
krazo wrote: male equivalents of breast implants?
Nope, the dude (Valentine I think his name was) was an absolute freak about his biceps. Worked them to death and would inject steroids right into them. Used dirty needles and then had disgusting infections in them, which he would then attempt to take the puss out of using needles and syringes again.

For more info, google the man whose arms exploded.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3803 posts
635 upvotes
Leuven
bigEfromGP wrote: Nope, the dude (Valentine I think his name was) was an absolute freak about his biceps. Worked them to death and would inject steroids right into them. Used dirty needles and then had disgusting infections in them, which he would then attempt to take the puss out of using needles and syringes again.

He also injected synthol into his arms to make them that huge or so they say. Im pretty sure he denies it
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22171 posts
826 upvotes
Newmarket
Big is relative. Big arms for a bodybuilder is different from big for an IT or call center worker.
I'm sure you dont look small anyways.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2007
2721 posts
705 upvotes
remember, size doesn't equal strength. ie bruce lee

your arms will only develop muscle if you work them.

my simple rule of thumb, is that when the shirts start to fit nicely around the arms, i know i'm doing well.
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18714 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
ItechJester wrote: remember, size doesn't equal strength. ie bruce lee

my simple rule of thumb, is that when the shirts start to fit nicely around the arms, i know i'm doing well.
So that's where all the size XS shirts went.
For Sale:

HEATWARE
Nov 8, 2009
16 posts
bigEfromGP wrote: Nope, the dude (Valentine I think his name was) was an absolute freak about his biceps. Worked them to death and would inject steroids right into them. Used dirty needles and then had disgusting infections in them, which he would then attempt to take the puss out of using needles and syringes again.

actually it was not a steroid...it was PUMP N POSE or SYNTHOL...it's just a fatty oil that does not absorb for a long time...so it just swells the muscles...

PS he did not train his arms hard at all...he used little girl weights, I have seen him train, and have Pro friends that knew the idiot...
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52939 posts
18154 upvotes
ONTARIO
beerbaron105 wrote: no, you would still be small, only 15 year old girls consider a guy with 14" arms to be "huge"
It depends on your frame.
For someone with a small frame and a height around 5'7... 14 inches would be noticeably big if you are ripped to shreds... e.g. narrow waist, big chest/shoulders etc...
Its all proportions.

Frank Zane had 16inch guns.
Imagine someone as ripped as him with 14inches... Probably still very "big".
but big can be "subjective".
Are we talking ronnie coleman IFBB pro bb'er big?
Or Mens health cover model big?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2470 posts
1415 upvotes
ItechJester wrote: remember, size doesn't equal strength. ie bruce lee

LOL I'm assuming you wear size 'M' or size 'L' "Hollister" tees
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52939 posts
18154 upvotes
ONTARIO
supermuscles wrote: actually it was not a steroid...it was PUMP N POSE or SYNTHOL...it's just a fatty oil that does not absorb for a long time...so it just swells the muscles...

PS he did not train his arms hard at all...he used little girl weights, I have seen him train, and have Pro friends that knew the idiot...
Yeah... I hate that guy. He gives bodybuilding a bad name.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2505 posts
41 upvotes
Milton
randomdef wrote: you are short and stubby, your arms are tiny for your frame.
Wow, I must be doing it wrong....

:confused:
Oct 21, 2008
383 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
randomdef wrote: you are short and stubby, your arms are tiny for your frame.
That's a good size - not sure why you would say that.

I am going to say that you are probably half his size, then I am going to bet that you're going to be one of those 'internet heros' that states you are 6'2 totally buff, with 21 inch arms etc.. etc..

16.8 cold - or warm for that matter are a good size. Good work.
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
750 upvotes
Does it really matter? I'd say that definition is more important.

Anyway, average everyday people at work notice my arms which are around 17" and will comment...now, they don't look all that big on my frame: 6'1, 48 jacket.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
2126 posts
115 upvotes
Medicine Hat
furtado_4real wrote: That's a good size - not sure why you would say that.

I am going to say that you are probably half his size, then I am going to bet that you're going to be one of those 'internet heros' that states you are 6'2 totally buff, with 21 inch arms etc.. etc..

16.8 cold - or warm for that matter are a good size. Good work.
and you are an internet fluffer.

go look up fluffer.
Oct 21, 2008
383 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
randomdef wrote: Originally Posted by randomdef
you are short and stubby, your arms are tiny for your frame.
randomdef wrote: and you are an internet fluffer.

go look up fluffer.
you're a moron; go look up moron.

So I guess you are the type of loser who trolls the internet bashing people to make yourself feel better - only to be faced with the reality that you're completely jealous and insecure.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
1498 posts
1033 upvotes
supermuscles wrote: actually it was not a steroid...it was PUMP N POSE or SYNTHOL...it's just a fatty oil that does not absorb for a long time...so it just swells the muscles...

i believe he used synthol. here are some other idiots who likely abuse synthol:

http://artsyspot.com/what-went-wrong-synthol-victims/
Banned
Dec 24, 2008
144 posts
nalababe wrote: Does it really matter? I'd say that definition is more important.

Anyway, average everyday people at work notice my arms which are around 17" and will comment...now, they don't look all that big on my frame: 6'1, 48 jacket.
I have awesome 6 inch arms on a 6'4, 56 jacket frame
Raymond <3 Kevin
Li <3 Lo
Kevin <3 Raymond
Bromance <3
Meet us at UTSC <3

Official President of Recruitment for Li and Lo Bromance Video Production Team.
PM me if interested in joining

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)