Parenting & Family

How many parents regret having a 4th child?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2018 8:08 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
28895 posts
2114 upvotes
Winnipeg
bsobaid wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 11:53 am
People who have the most resources and probably more socially aware want the least children.

not a good sign.
always the poor who keeps on breeding, and every time i say it, people gets triggered and blame me for advocating that only the rich are allowed to have kids.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
1350 posts
757 upvotes
Montreal
RiceLude98SH wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 4:15 pm
My best fiend has six
Can you give details of what his day to day life looks like? How does he get around (minivan I assume?). Where/how does he go on vacation? Etc.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3224 posts
595 upvotes
Planned to have two...second pregnancy was twins. We’re outnumbered
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6314 posts
917 upvotes
T dot 6
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Dec 22, 2016
45 posts
11 upvotes
rinse wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2017 8:53 pm
Planned to have two...second pregnancy was twins. We’re outnumbered
I think that's the most common reason for most of the people I know who have 3 kids!
Apr 28, 2014
207 posts
82 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Daisy91 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2017 12:23 am
I think that's the most common reason for most of the people I know who have 3 kids!
We have three, third still an infant, and know people with three, four, or five. Only one of those families I can think of has twins. I know a number of people who lament not having been able to have one more (while still feeling gratitude for those they have); I don't know anyone who regrets having had their latest child.
Dec 2, 2017
89 posts
35 upvotes
Nerd Town
Hubby & I had 2. Both were a blessing. We lost 1 child between our son & daughter. We stopped trying based on doctors recommendations. Personally, I would have loved to have 5 or 6. Hubby, not so much.
Strong-willed & Opinionated Woman. Early adopter of technology & first generation geek.
Jan 3, 2018
37 posts
17 upvotes
I know someone that just had her 4th a few weeks ago. She loves it. It helps that she has an amazing husband that is very helpful and involved with the kids.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
6481 posts
3605 upvotes
I have one, dont want another... she may thank me when I'm on my death bed and gets the inheritance all to herself (joke but...some truth to it...)
May 8, 2009
6726 posts
2925 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Got triplets, no we're outnumbered in one shot. Four would be great, but to not be the "fourth wheel", perhaps aim for five or six? Can go max six kids in a cross-over. Don't think going above that would be wise in Ontario.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1311 posts
572 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 9:16 pm
Got triplets, no we're outnumbered in one shot. Four would be great, but to not be the "fourth wheel", perhaps aim for five or six? Can go max six kids in a cross-over. Don't think going above that would be wise in Ontario.
Yikes.

We knew someone who had two boys and wanted to the for the girl. They ended up with triplet boys, at one point 5 kids under 4 and then they had five teenage boys. The parents were really tall and big, so their grocery bill was over $2k a month.

When I heard that and we had our second daughter, I was quite happy not to try for the other gender (not that I would have.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it brothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
May 8, 2009
6726 posts
2925 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Macx2mommy wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:23 pm
Yikes.

We knew someone who had two boys and wanted to the for the girl. They ended up with triplet boys, at one point 5 kids under 4 and then they had five teenage boys. The parents were really tall and big, so their grocery bill was over $2k a month.

When I heard that and we had our second daughter, I was quite happy not to try for the other gender (not that I would have.
Over $1k on the monthly grocery bill. Gotta love those PC points...
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Jan 3, 2018
37 posts
17 upvotes
If you want a 4th and have the energy then go for it. Money should not be the deciding factor. In our 30s, we have fertility and don't earn a lot yet. Your salary will increase as you grow as in career in your 40s but fertility decreases.
I have 4 siblings, it was tough resource wise when I was growing up.
Now, I love it. There's a certain confidence that I have knowing that I have 4 siblings that also have my back. This social networth is priceless and worth more than my financial networth. I wish I could give that to my 2 kids but I just don't have the energy right now