Entertainment

How many streaming services do you have?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 10:32 am

Poll: How many streaming services do you have?

• Total votes: 39. You have voted on this poll.

21%

51%

13%

13%

3%
6+

0%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4024 posts
388 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake

How many streaming services do you have?

As the title says, how many streaming services do you subscribe to? I cut the cord in hopes of saving money, but have found that my monthly subscriptions for streaming services are starting to add up. I've got Netflix, DAZN, Prime, Crave, and soon Disney. Am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by Typhoonz on Oct 8th, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
35 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18640 posts
17642 upvotes
Toronto
Netflix (use GFs account), Amazon Prime (use mom's account). DAZN (Free lifetime from a contest).

Also use Kanopy and Hoopla with my library card.
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Jan 23, 2015
882 posts
366 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Netflix (friend's account) I hardly use it. Other than that, no pay services.
I use free TV shows and Movies apps and the same for IPTV too.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3523 posts
257 upvotes
Adelaide
Currently just using my cousins netflix and will have Prime whenever it makes sense to get the free shipping on something, so maybe like 3-4 months a year.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8738 posts
1268 upvotes
Victoria
I guess were at 3. We have Netflix/Prime/DAZN.

It's not that clear though. We got 6 months of Prime for free because one of us went back to school to get a license and it qualified. DAZN is on a free 2 month promo from the RFD thread (Which were using for NFL). We may hypothetically share Netflix with family :)

We'll probably keep DAZN until NFL season ends. Might keep prime because it'll be half price. Netflix is ok if you share with family and split the cost. No way we'd pay full price for all 3. I'm pretty sure we'll keep netflix as long as they don't ramp up enforcement on sharing. Prime as long as it's a discount for being a student, and DAZN for football season only. We will probably buy Disney when it comes out. That one will be interesting because it'll be cheaper if you buy it by the year, which is something we'd totally do.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4111 posts
1500 upvotes
Global Village
Currently have Netflix and Crave. Will also get Prime for a year shortly with the Manulife deal.
All day I dream about sports
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7059 posts
1238 upvotes
You mean paid ones ? ...then none ! ...LoL
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4024 posts
388 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
EdT586 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2019 2:09 pm
You mean paid ones ? ...then none ! ...LoL
Lol. Interesting, seems like most people have quite a few - but that they are shared among family members, etc. Mine aren't shared so I'm feeling the pain of having to pay for all of them :(. I really wish that there was less fragmentation in the streaming industry. Sigh.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2935 posts
761 upvotes
Mississauga
Netflix with a friend. IPTV for all else.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3821 posts
971 upvotes
Toronto
Typhoonz wrote:
Oct 7th, 2019 2:36 pm
Lol. Interesting, seems like most people have quite a few - but that they are shared among family members, etc. Mine aren't shared so I'm feeling the pain of having to pay for all of them :(. I really wish that there was less fragmentation in the streaming industry. Sigh.
I'm in the same boat... I pay for Netflix, Crave and Prime, and I'm coming up to a point where I'll probably drop something to get Disney+. Thankfully Kanopy and Hoopla are free through the library.

I also refuse to torrent anymore. I pirated for years when I was younger, but I don't mind supporting good content now that I am in a better place to afford to.
Games: XBox Live: M1GO

Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Nov 13, 2014
219 posts
107 upvotes
Westmount, QC
Netflix / Amazon Prime / DAZN and Disney+ when it<ll be available next month.

My brother is sharing his Netflix account with me, and I'm sharing my DAZN account with a friend. My Disney+ will also be shared Winking Face
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11385 posts
1618 upvotes
Mississauga
Netflix, Crave and Amazon Prime. Will probably get Disney+ for a year and see what it's like before deciding whether to keep it or not.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
4024 posts
388 upvotes
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Havo wrote:
Oct 8th, 2019 4:50 pm
Poll would be good. That way you can see how many the avg person has. I have 2 (Netflix and DAZN)
Good idea. Added a poll :).