• Dec 6th, 2018 6:15 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1550 posts
568 upvotes
Tokyo
Segment and legs are individual flights. Trips are considered as departing and returning to the same airport (even if it is multi-city).

One trip could involved multiple segments, so it may seem like you travel a lot if you look at segments alone.

If you fly 100k miles or 100 segments annually, it’s considered a lot among frequent flyers.
Oct 3, 2011
76 posts
50 upvotes
OTTAWA
6 flight legs (times in the air) this year. Budget only allows me to go on one trip every 2-3 years. I'd like to be able to go somewhere once a year.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
1133 posts
270 upvotes
heymikey wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 7:53 pm
When I used to live in London, I would travel (for leisure) about 7 or 8 times a year. Everyone gets at least 5 weeks of vacation in the UK, so I would split 4 trips of one week each. These week-long trips would be 9 days long (leave Saturday morning then come back Sunday night a week later) and I'd just stick to one country or region for the whole trip (Turkey, Morocco, etc). Exception would be to Canada for Christmas. These would be evenly distributed throughout the year (March, June, Sept, and Dec).

Then, the remaining 5 days of vacation are used to pad on to long weekends for city breaks, like going to Paris or Amsterdam. I'd have these 3 or 4 city breaks in a year, and they'd be done in between those one-week trips. So I'd travel for leisure every 1.5 months.

Now that I'm back in Canada, I've traveled 3 times this year.
Heyyyy - may I ask why you came back to Canada?

As for the thread, I fly normally twice a year round trip. One big trip, and then one small getaway (i.e. NYC). I'm looking to up that next year, if finances allow