Fashion & Apparel

How many undershirts and boxers do you own?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2018 8:20 am
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7936 posts
667 upvotes
roblombardi wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 9:25 am
Wait a second... do you wear the same socks two or three days without washing them??? Astonished Face

To answer the thread... i got like 20 trunks and 12 undershirts
100%.

In fact my hiking merinos socks I wear almost 2 weeks with washing, no odour, nothing.

Gym socks can go about 3 uses but I have to break the habit of just washing them over and over, most likely they can go longer...
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2014
4325 posts
1893 upvotes
I had enough underwear to last 4-5 weeks with daily changing but I got fat recently and can’t wear most of them now. Also have enough socks and t-shirts to last about 9 weeks with daily changing. I have even more socks that I use for different purposes. Nothing to do with saving money on laundry though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7936 posts
667 upvotes
nestleman wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 10:20 pm
Vut? Gym socks go for 3 uses?
Try Merino Wool socks, that may change your mind.

Went to the gym today to a hardcore aerobics class. Sweaty socks came off and it had no odour and aired out in 10 min and is ready for us again.

I also wear merino wool dress socks to work and love it as I only end up washing the gym sock pair and work sock pair once a week. Less laundry.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
1369 posts
402 upvotes
Canada
One pair of boxers. Wear the same pair everyday for a month then do a wash. That’s the RFD way.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11411 posts
1609 upvotes
City of Vancouver
If u don't want to wash ur underwear more than once a month, I think that's a red flag. It's like people who don't mow their lawns regularly or people who let the dishes pile up in the sink. If u r extremely busy, then that's a good excuse in a crisis situation. But if u think it's inconvenient or inefficient, then u don't know the value of regular habits/routines/maintenance.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1635 posts
448 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I didn't even say I want enough for a month so I can cut down my laundry. I just agreed with someone who brought that point up.

I don't think it says anything about a person's habits, I can have enough for a month and still have a clean place to live or cut the grass weekly.

Anyways, my recent laundry load put me at 29 boxers!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7936 posts
667 upvotes
If you did laundry once a month (for example), where do you store all the dirty laundry? Isn't that just requiring more hampers and space etc?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4400 posts
538 upvotes
5 pairs of underwear one for each day of the week.
Aug 15, 2015
708 posts
86 upvotes
Markham, ON
Might be bad to do two or three loads at once in one day.

Just wash when you know you have enough for one load.
Jun 12, 2016
364 posts
123 upvotes
Mississauga
mebiuspower wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 11:12 am
5 pairs of underwear one for each day of the week.
and go commando on weekends! Awesome...
Nov 29, 2017
383 posts
235 upvotes
I have 30+ pairs of various styles of underwear as I business travel weeks at a time and don’t have to rush to do laundry. I don’t own true undershirts as I use tees when I need.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4836 posts
347 upvotes
roblombardi wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 9:25 am
Wait a second... do you wear the same socks two or three days without washing them??? Astonished Face

To answer the thread... i got like 20 trunks and 12 undershirts
2 or 3 days without washing? I go 2-3 weeks without washing socks. That includes gym socks. Why would I wash merino wool socks more often than they need to be washed? They don't stink easily so what's to wash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4836 posts
347 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Feb 11th, 2018 9:43 am
If you did laundry once a month (for example), where do you store all the dirty laundry? Isn't that just requiring more hampers and space etc?
My clothes don't need to be washed more than once a month. My underwear take up very little space. I don't wash my clothes after just one wear (except underoos), unless they're visibly dirty. It takes about a month for me to put enough stuff into the hamper for it to be full. [My husband's pile up quicker so he does our laundry about once every 2 or so weeks. If it was just my stuff, he could easily let it pile up for a month.]