Fashion & Beauty

How many undershirts and boxers do you own?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2018 5:52 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5107 posts
477 upvotes
roblombardi wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 2:32 pm
Be careful, guys... I know people who pride themselves in not washing their clothes because "they don't stink"... but in reality they do, and that person is no noticing the odour.

Same as a co-worker who says he doesn't sweat that much, so he only takes a shower at night, and he said that was more than enough... but the sad part of the story is that the guy reeks, and has become a joke at the workplace... he even got reported to HR because of the stink

You might think you're not stinking,... but beware, your own BO concentrates, and starts to spread in a very gross way, even if you don't notice it.
Oh I can smell a fart in the wind from five miles away. I have a heightened sense of smell so I know exactly what I smell like.

I never said I pride myself on not washing my clothes. I just don't wash them more often than is necessary. I also shower daily so my skin wouldn't even smell like BO. Not sure what makes you think you know what my clothing smells like lol.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
4367 posts
1682 upvotes
Toronto
amz155 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2018 7:52 am
Oh I can smell a fart in the wind from five miles away. I have a heightened sense of smell so I know exactly what I smell like.

I never said I pride myself on not washing my clothes. I just don't wash them more often than is necessary. I also shower daily so my skin wouldn't even smell like BO. Not sure what makes you think you know what my clothing smells like lol.
We all have a distinctive BO that, while we think it's imperceptible, others can easily notice it... no matter if it's a good smell or a bad smell... those concepts are also very subjective sometimes.

Sorry, but I think I never said I know what your clothing smells like... I just said that sometimes people who don't wash their clothes might be reeking, without even them knowing, because they are already used to the smell.
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
8577 posts
779 upvotes
roblombardi wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2018 2:32 pm
Be careful, guys... I know people who pride themselves in not washing their clothes because "they don't stink"... but in reality they do, and that person is no noticing the odour.

Same as a co-worker who says he doesn't sweat that much, so he only takes a shower at night, and he said that was more than enough... but the sad part of the story is that the guy reeks, and has become a joke at the workplace... he even got reported to HR because of the stink

You might think you're not stinking,... but beware, your own BO concentrates, and starts to spread in a very gross way, even if you don't notice it.
Totally fair, I would always wash my clothes ASAP. Even my dry fit clothes I wash instantly when I get home, I never wash it more than once after the kind of sweat I go through.

But merino wool would be different, doesn't retain odour and it's antibacterial. I always do a sniff test lol and I know what my feet smell like when it's bad lol
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1875 posts
573 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I see this thread has now expanded from the boxers and undershirts to bedding, towels and now body odour.

I do think people who stink are sometimes oblivious to their smell. I know a few guys at the gym who just stink like no tomorrow. Perhaps they wear the ssme boxers and undershirts multiple days in a row.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11806 posts
1702 upvotes
City of Vancouver
flyingnurse wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 12:44 pm
...I am trying to limit the number of times I do laundry to just once a month...
Well, this is ur goal, and u think u can cram everything into 3 loads. So, unless u have a good reason fot this, everything is up for discussion.
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1654 posts
851 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
99% of time I wear jeans and a t-shirt.

If I wear a shirt or sweater, I usually wear a t-shirt underneath

The only time I wear an undershirt is when I wear a dress shirt or suit, which isn't often

Also doing laundry once a month is dumb, dont do it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1875 posts
573 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I do not think it is dumb.

It is just unfortunate I do not have enough work clothes, gym clothes, and other clothes besides boxers and undershirts that would result in a load once a month.

Kudos to the people who have 31 of each article of clothing! (I hope to be in that position one day).
Dec 6, 2017
49 posts
4 upvotes
Whoa, so many guys don't wear undershirts? What do you do with sweaters, just on your skin?

How often do you have to clean your shirts than?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4644 posts
182 upvotes
Hamilton
The better question is...what kind of washing machine can fit a month's worth of laundry in one load, if you're changing undershirts & boxers daily. You're also going to have a month's worth of shirts and pants, and then ancillary things like sheets, towels, etc.

You're probably going to running multiple loads in that one day per month. So you might as well just run it twice a month or something. At least that way your clothes aren't marinating in the laundry hamper for a whole 30 days.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1875 posts
573 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Yup...i don't have 30 pants and shirts. I also don't have 30 pairs of scrubs.

O well...when I became a baller and achieve the above mentioned I will report back.
Jun 4, 2013
16 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
Since it was winter so I use undershirt and I change a new one daily. I also workout and after each work out the shirt goes in the laundry pile. Shorts I can wear a few times before washing.

Pants, jeans, long sleeves. I can wear them for a long time before washing.

When summer comes depends on how hot it is. If it is too hot then was I change my tshirt daily if not then maybe every other day.

But yea OP is better just to do laundry once a week.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1954 posts
682 upvotes
Sudbury
I own about 7 boxers and 3-4 undershirts.

We do laundry daily (with two kids, etc).

WHAT IN THE HELL WOULD YOU LIMIT LAUNDRY TO ONCE A MONTH??? HOW EFFIN CHEAP ARE YOU???
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1875 posts
573 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I wasn't even the one who brought up the once a month laundry factor...

I was simply curious as to HOW MANY BOXERS AND UNDERSHIRTS PEOPLE OWN!

Doing laundry once would be a bonus though!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
1854 posts
643 upvotes
Personally, I find wearing an exercise shirt (moisture wicking) to be far superior than buying standard cotton undershirts, as you will sweat far less, especially if you are wearing a sweater over top
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1080 posts
302 upvotes
London
flyingnurse wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 10:17 pm
No reason, I just want a wardrobe big enough where I can do laundry once a month.

I do, tons of men do...
Me too. It stops sweat stains on my expensive dress shits. It also covers my upper arm tattoos so that they can't be seen through my white dress shirts. It makes my hard nipples less visible.