Shopping Discussion

how much is the Bestbuy/Futureshop employee discount??

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2013 11:36 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 4, 2009
1 posts
I knows its cost +10%
Sony Extra Bass Headphones (MDRXB300)
so how much would and employee get this item for

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... _cookie=1#

My cousin who works there is out of town and I am buying this as a gift so do not know if I should wait or buy the sale price.

Also what would employee price be for left 4 dead 2 for pc game.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
torontoraptor wrote: Are you serious? Why would the employee discount be more than retail?
Actually it can.

When the PS3 was still selling for $499, the retail price was only cost + 5%... peanuts, same for the XBox and Wii, they don't make much money selling consoles... so using employee's pricing to purchase it would actually result in a higher price then retail price because then its cost + 10% for employee pricing versus retail pricing of cost + 5%.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Apr 17, 2003
578 posts
5 upvotes
North Bay
One of my best bud's works at FS,he works on commission in the home entertainment dept,and does quite well.If he's having a banner month,like he is this month(hits some magic number),his discount is cost only,no 10% added to it.Warranties are still 50% off.
Dec 11, 2009
19 posts
vancouver
if you buy the warranty only to get a discount on the tv and decide to return the warranty the next day, they will return everything to you, and resell you the tv and whatever else you got as a deal for the full price.
Aug 21, 2009
13 posts
hey i was wondering if an employee can tell me what the cost price is for a polk csi 16 speaker thanks
May 26, 2008
94 posts
Does anyone know if it's possible to return something bought on staff discount? I don't work at either place...so I wouldn't know
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2005
1064 posts
66 upvotes
Downtown TO
$arge wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to return something bought on staff discount? I don't work at either place...so I wouldn't know
It is possible, but only the employee can return it.
Mar 7, 2010
445 posts
26 upvotes
forthman wrote: One of my best bud's works at FS,he works on commission in the home entertainment dept,and does quite well.If he's having a banner month,like he is this month(hits some magic number),his discount is cost only,no 10% added to it.Warranties are still 50% off.
You must be confused.

The "entertainment" department is not on the commission model and is responsible for Gaming, Software and DVD/CD's etc...

Maybe you mean home Theater?

Also it isn't 1 month of great sales. you have to be in the top 10% of the company for that department for i believe 1 quarter, or the whole year, i cant recall.. in order to get the items for cost.

Also, the discount is now Cost + 5%

On things like TV you usually save 200 - 600$ depending on the tv .. (more expensive 50+ tvs have the larger markups over the 40-46" tvs)
Computers you save maybe 50$

video games you save 0$ unless its used and cost is low. or if its clearance you can get games for 2-5$ sometimes.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
If the employee does hit his/her target and gets cost (albeit inflated) pricing, would there be a maximum amount he/she can avail in terms of purchases?
Aug 9, 2009
138 posts
2 upvotes
Does anyone know how to use the employee discount online?
I know for FutureShop you just make an account using ur 4 digit and alpha but how do you do it for BBY?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
daproph wrote: Does anyone know how to use the employee discount online?
I know for FutureShop you just make an account using ur 4 digit and alpha but how do you do it for BBY?
You actually don't. That is for the online forums.

For online staff purchases (refer to Online Staff Purchase SOP for further reading). You make up a new account or change your existing email to a company email. The preferred way is just your NT Login (the login you use for everything from RSS, SAR, E-POS) followed by @bestbuycanada.ca. So yourloginhere@bestbuycanada.ca. Your account information will be verified upon ordering and you will not receive an email order confirmation (you can still track your orders online).

Also, stern warning to all Best Buy employees that company costs are considered confidential information and can be used by competitors to gain a competitive edge (taken from SOP). Sharing this information is most definitely grounds for termination if you are caught.

For further discussion into staff-related issues, you should probably refer to your respective online forums where there is a place to discuss such topics. RFD is not the best place to do so :)
Removed external link in signature.
Jan 16, 2009
117 posts
3 upvotes
Brampton
Say I bought a Beats by Dr.Dre at Future shop through employee discount (Friend's friend). I wanted 3 year warranty under my name, but he's being a pussy and didn't give the receipt because he's like his information's on it and he's not even willing to get the warranty and transfer it.

So if I call futureshop and ask them for warranty/replacement plan, will they ask me to bring the employee/employee information that the guy has or do they not care if I get the warranty?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
jattunit wrote: Say I bought a Beats by Dr.Dre at Future shop through employee discount (Friend's friend). I wanted 3 year warranty under my name, but he's being a pussy and didn't give the receipt because he's like his information's on it and he's not even willing to get the warranty and transfer it.

So if I call futureshop and ask them for warranty/replacement plan, will they ask me to bring the employee/employee information that the guy has or do they not care if I get the warranty?
I've always filed my claims online. I just type in the receipt number and warranty SKU and I'm good to go.
Removed external link in signature.
May 5, 2009
52 posts
15 upvotes
Cumberland Beach, ON
Do best buy employees get a discount at FS?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
jattunit wrote: Say I bought a Beats by Dr.Dre at Future shop through employee discount (Friend's friend). I wanted 3 year warranty under my name, but he's being a pussy and didn't give the receipt because he's like his information's on it and he's not even willing to get the warranty and transfer it.
He doesn't have to get you the warranty. He did you a favour already - don't be so ungrateful.
You're not the original purchaser, so you typically can't get warranty coverage unless the extra warranty coverage is purchased by the original purchaser and then transferred.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1710 posts
1331 upvotes
Toronto
anyone from Toronto can hook me up with some bestbuy or futureshop discount? l just wanna get a zx3 pocket camcorder/ playsport. will make it worth your while

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)