Pets

How much did you pay for your last vet visit?

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2010 12:24 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 10, 2005
317 posts
11 upvotes

How much did you pay for your last vet visit?

How much did you pay for your last vet visit? I'll go first

Rabies vaccination (w/out DHPP) $96
Ova & Parasites pill $44
Revolution Brown for Dogs 5.1-10kg $107
Fucithalmic $20 (eye infection)

Grand total for the this annual check up was $267 before tax.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7298 posts
1143 upvotes
$78 Exam Fee
$24 Metronidazole Tablets..

For my cat
Nov 5, 2009
56 posts
Ottawa
It was 5 years ago, though. $600 for exam fee, blood test, pain injection, pain medication, and X-rays of 2 legs. According to what I have been told the cat needed urgent surgery on both hips or else he will be in incredible pain, lose his legs functions, and will have to be euthanized. They gave me 2 days to confirm the surgery and bring him in. ($3000 in total). I am glad that I didn't do that. The pain went away in a couple of days and he is a healthy cat right now, playing around with my other cats and enjoying his life. Try to always double check the serious diagnosis.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6795 posts
300 upvotes
Ottawa
CharmyPoo wrote:
May 10th, 2010 1:19 am
Around $5000 to save my dog.
What happened? :(
stallas wrote:
May 10th, 2010 9:11 am
It was 5 years ago, though. $600 for exam fee, blood test, pain injection, pain medication, and X-rays of 2 legs. According to what I have been told the cat needed urgent surgery on both hips or else he will be in incredible pain, lose his legs functions, and will have to be euthanized. They gave me 2 days to confirm the surgery and bring him in. ($3000 in total). I am glad that I didn't do that. The pain went away in a couple of days and he is a healthy cat right now, playing around with my other cats and enjoying his life. Try to always double check the serious diagnosis.
There are certain times where you can't double check the diagnosis and question the vet. We put down our cat not cause of the bill but because it's for the best. Our vet was very understanding but told us point blank that she will probably not survive her surgery if we went ahead with it. After a 1.5 year battle with her anemia and thousands of dollars in vet bills (we lost count after we hit like 4k) we had to let her go in peace and with both eyes. :cry: The tech's were crying and the vet was sad that he couldn't save her. He tried his best and we're very grateful he gave us an extra 1.5 years with our little girl.

To answer OP's question, I spent $210 two weeks ago on my dog. He was suspected to have lyme disease but I don't think he does as I bath him and brush him daily. So, there is a high chance I will find the tick. Of the $210, $100 was for a 6 month supply of Revolution, $45 for drugs, and rest checkup fee.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2003
1104 posts
37 upvotes
Various issues. This dog goes through serious health problems every 2 years or so. But she is my baby and she is tough enough to pull through each time.

Last time ($8000 ish bill), she just crashed for some reason. She was misdiagnoised with diabetes and treated wrong. Ran about every test there was and took multiple ultrascans xrays ... stayed in intensive care for a week. Then she magically recovered and no one found out what was wrong.

More recently - she had pyometra but the diagnosis got me a lot to get there - the people at Willowdale Animal Clinic like to do the most expensive tests for relatively simple diagnosis. Lesson learned to always spay and neteur at a young age even at a young age. I never bothered with this one because she was sooo tiny (I spay and neteur all the others).