Tags:
None
Sep 3, 2013
755 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
molly123 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 11:47 am
I charge $950.00 per month for the 30 months to 6 years group. This includes lunch, 2 snacks and before/after school (7am to 6pm). Also, I am a Montessori school (licensed) in Scarborough. For toddlers, I charge $1050.00 and this also includes all of the above. No subsidy, for profit
That seems very cheap for Montessori. Which one e is it?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16472 posts
2135 upvotes
Kayceern wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 11:27 pm
That seems very cheap for Montessori. Which one e is it?
It's located in South Scarborough; daycare in the area is a little less than other areas of the city.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
2256 posts
411 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is hidden slavery.
The rich have made the society's economic situations in such a way that common people are not even let free to take care of their own kids. Situations are such that unless both the husband and wife work pretty much full day ,they can't do economically well. Only option left for mothers is to deposit their kids to strangers who are essentially raising them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
22514 posts
9116 upvotes
Ottawa
Asker123 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 7:16 pm
This is hidden slavery.
The rich have made the society's economic situations in such a way that common people are not even let free to take care of their own kids. Situations are such that unless both the husband and wife work pretty much full day ,they can't do economically well. Only option left for mothers is to deposit their kids to strangers who are essentially raising them.
Did I miss something?
Dec 12, 2007
322 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Hi,

I'm thinking of daycare costs around the GTA area, particularly in Stoufville and Markham.

Do you know approximately how much it will cost ? Currently my child is 6 months, but I believe they're only eligible when they're 1 years old ?

Also, I was wondering when they go to school for Kindergarden and up, if parents are not able to pick them up after school, are there special after school day cares within the school to watch for a few hours until the parents can come pick them up ?

Thanks
Jul 5, 2004
23118 posts
2742 upvotes
I pay $35 per day and must pay for at least 3 days per week whether my son goes or not. I'm a shift worker so typically he only goes 3 days a week
Banned
Jul 31, 2016
437 posts
254 upvotes
phoenix_bladen wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:55 pm
Hi,

I'm thinking of daycare costs around the GTA area, particularly in Stoufville and Markham.

Do you know approximately how much it will cost ? Currently my child is 6 months, but I believe they're only eligible when they're 1 years old ?

Also, I was wondering when they go to school for Kindergarden and up, if parents are not able to pick them up after school, are there special after school day cares within the school to watch for a few hours until the parents can come pick them up ?

Thanks
I don't know about pricing in Stoufville/Markham.
I think some daycares will take children around 8 or 10 months too.
As for Kindergarten it depends from school to school. Some schools have third party daycares operating within the building. Other schools will have a program setup by the school board based on parents need in that community. If you know what your home school is you can call them and ask for peace of mind. And if you know they are going to go there for Kindergarten, ask to secure a spot for when your child goes to school.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
22514 posts
9116 upvotes
Ottawa
phoenix_bladen wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
In Ottawa, most schools have an EDP (extended daycare program); for before and after school.
They are either City run, or idependent licensed providers.
Aug 31, 2014
101 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Shaner wrote: I pay $35 per day and must pay for at least 3 days per week whether my son goes or not. I'm a shift worker so typically he only goes 3 days a week
Is this GTA daycare Center? Or home care? And what age is your child?

Infant in daycare Centers in Markham is around $70/day is what I've seen
Jul 5, 2004
23118 posts
2742 upvotes
Tsanger wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 4:32 pm
Is this GTA daycare Center? Or home care? And what age is your child?

Infant in daycare Centers in Markham is around $70/day is what I've seen
Not GTA, no.
Nov 25, 2016
81 posts
30 upvotes
TicoGato wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:20 pm
I don't know about pricing in Stoufville/Markham.
I think some daycares will take children around 8 or 10 months too.
As for Kindergarten it depends from school to school. Some schools have third party daycares operating within the building. Other schools will have a program setup by the school board based on parents need in that community. If you know what your home school is you can call them and ask for peace of mind. And if you know they are going to go there for Kindergarten, ask to secure a spot for when your child goes to school.
Many of the daycares I visited in York Region accept any age in the infant room (and I'd see babies there who could not stably sit on their own). If the daycare doesn't have an infant room, they likely won't take under 18 months. The ones I saw are around 75/day for infant. Significant price increase in 2018 due to minimum wage increases...

There usually is a wait list for infant rooms (>6 months), so if you want to enroll your 6 month old when he/she is 1 year old... you should start looking now.
Sep 23, 2010
128 posts
96 upvotes
T Dot
phoenix_bladen wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
just fyi, anything under 0-18m is considered an infant according to the Day Nurseries Act

you also most likely will find a lot fewer places offering infant care compared to toddler + preschoolers. infant rooms/spots are the most expensive for a centre to run.
source: worked in child care finances for a number of years