Fashion & Beauty

How much do you spend on each item of clothing?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2019 12:54 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2018
1368 posts
1662 upvotes

How much do you spend on each item of clothing?

Looking for some opinions on how much I should be looking to spend on clothes as I'm looking to update my wardrobe. I've never been a big spender with clothes, as I generally shop in outlet malls. Admittedly, I do have trouble buying clothes for myself because there usually isn't a lot of selection in these places. I do have more disposable income now, so I am open to spending more money on clothes. This is typically the max I'd spend on each item of clothing.

Jacket: $150
T-Shirt: $25
Sweater/Shirts: $50
Jeans/Pants: $75
Shoes: $100

Is this in line with what a lot of you guys spend on clothes? Do I need to expand my budget a bit?
1 reply
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
Some people spend very little on clothes. For others, it goes up from there... up, up, up. You can get the same or similar look as someone who spent a lot of money on their clothes. It doesn't help to ask what others spend. What u want to do is set out your objectives and then figure out how to attain your goals for the least cost. Someone might have five pairs of ill-fitting jeans when all they really needed were two pairs that worked well with their wardrobe.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)