Careers

How much does a Bank Manager and Branch Managers make?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2008 11:51 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3078 posts
224 upvotes

How much does a Bank Manager and Branch Managers make?

Quick question, does anyone know what the compensation is for Bank Managers, Branch Managers...Someone said it was like 60K's ....is that accurate?
44 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
1939 posts
34 upvotes
The $60k you're referring to is possibly a manager at a high level branch. From what I've heard it's usually $40k - $50k. It's all really based on results.
LIFE IS PURE GENERATED EMOTION
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5670 posts
162 upvotes
GTA
Engi-Nir wrote:
Dec 12th, 2007 4:37 pm
Quick question, does anyone know what the compensation is for Bank Managers, Branch Managers...Someone said it was like 60K's ....is that accurate?
Depending on the size of the branch is how much you are compensated. For entry level braches with about 6-8 employees and a small book of business, then yes the starting salary is in the low 60's. For larger branches the salary can be as high as mid 90's (depending on tenure too). However, usually there is further compensation involved based on performances. If all targets are doubled, then you can easily earn up to 35% of your yearly salary (atleast at TD Canada it is). But if you think for one minute that you are going to double your target or atleast even meet your goals, good luck!!!!!!

sk

p.s. I think I should know, I used to be a TD Branch Manager for 10 years!!!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34355 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
Depends... branch managers in major cities make around $50k to start. More or less depending on experience and skill level.
They max out @ around $70k @ the bank i work @.
    [url=http://tinyurl.com/lbqqav3][size=100][B]
  • Urbanpoet's lottery pool is BACK![/B][/size][/url]
  • 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight."
Mar 24, 2006
401 posts
3 upvotes
Chatham
sunnybono wrote:
Dec 12th, 2007 7:20 pm

p.s. I think I should know, I used to be a TD Branch Manager for 10 years!!!

so how much does an average FA make in TD with the bonus? i always wonder about their bonus...
May 27, 2007
838 posts
9 upvotes
Burlington
hehehaha wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 1:39 am
so how much does an average FA make in TD with the bonus? i always wonder about their bonus...
one of the FA's at my branch, hes been with the bank for 4 years (been in the FA position for 1 year) and he told me his salary is 51k plus bonus which this year is 7% of his salary.

From what I've seen from the charts for pay range scales...branch managers can make anywhere from 60k-90k depending on how long they have been with the branch, the size of their branch and their book of business. With bonus, some branch managers can exceed 6 figures, but these are mostly true of managers of high traffic branches.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes
What kind of qualifications do you need to be a branch manager? 60k seems low for that position...
May 27, 2007
838 posts
9 upvotes
Burlington
nickia wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 4:41 am
What kind of qualifications do you need to be a branch manager? 60k seems low for that position...
All the qualifications you would need to be an FA plus a few additional courses through CSI (I think they merged with ICB)
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34355 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
nickia wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 4:41 am
any random Bachelor Degree with a few courses from CSI.ca like mutual funds, ific etc...

A good job is the assistant manager. Basically a glorified teller supervisor.
PAid a bit less then a branch manager but with less stress.
May 27, 2007
838 posts
9 upvotes
Burlington
UrbanPoet wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 1:15 pm
any random Bachelor Degree with a few courses from CSI.ca like mutual funds, ific etc...

A good job is the assistant manager. Basically a glorified teller supervisor.
PAid a bit less then a branch manager but with less stress.
hahaha, I dunno about that, our manager personal banking (pretty much the assistant branch manager) has a lot of stress...he is responsible for all the sales officers as well as having his own goals to reach. Client complaints get escalated to him and he has to sign off on all of our deals. There is a lot of work/stress involved with this position.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
2776 posts
38 upvotes
Home
Not Much though!
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
34355 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
oeketer wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 1:29 pm
hahaha, I dunno about that, our manager personal banking (pretty much the assistant branch manager) has a lot of stress...he is responsible for all the sales officers as well as having his own goals to reach. Client complaints get escalated to him and he has to sign off on all of our deals. There is a lot of work/stress involved with this position.
o rly.....
Why do they look so damn relaxed all the time. :lol:

I always see the teller supervisors running around all stressed out... I can imagine them having a lot of mundane paper work stacked up, or possibly passed down from the Asst. managers to do.
May 27, 2007
838 posts
9 upvotes
Burlington
UrbanPoet wrote:
Dec 18th, 2007 5:45 pm
o rly.....
Why do they look so damn relaxed all the time. :lol:

I always see the teller supervisors running around all stressed out... I can imagine them having a lot of mundane paper work stacked up, or possibly passed down from the Asst. managers to do.
lol. cause most of the time the teller supervisors are fixing teller errors and such.

asst. managers send some of the processing stuff to the mid-office or back office (depending on what term you use for it) to process not the teller supervisor.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2004
1703 posts
11 upvotes
how does a branch manager compare to financial analyst (ibank), management consultant or accountant (CA,CGA,CMA) ? More or less stressful, difficult?

It seems that being a branch manager doesn't have much potential compare to the jobs I listed above. :confused:
× < >