Off Topic Archive

Locked: How much does a Pharmacy Assistant get paid?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2005 11:21 am
Tags:
None
Aug 2, 2005
4 posts

How much does a Pharmacy Assistant get paid?

How much does Pharmacy Assistant get paid?
I heard they make average $32xx per month, that is like $18.xx/hour, is that true?
But I also heard pharmacy Assistant starts at $10/hr only
Who is right?

Anyone studied Pharmacy assistant or technician program before?
Share:
11 replies
Banned
Aug 1, 2005
18 posts
True!
Dec 11, 2002
115 posts
Professional student…
It depends on where you work, and whether you're a certified technician as well.
[OP]
Aug 2, 2005
4 posts
VTEC_Gurl wrote:It depends on where you work, and whether you're a certified technician as well.
What about pharmacy assistant VS technician in community drug stores?
Dec 11, 2002
115 posts
Professional student…
I work in a pharmacy... and to be honest... it's one in the same.
However, the wages will vary depending on which pharmacy you work at, and same goes for pharmacy student wages as well.
[OP]
Aug 2, 2005
4 posts
VTEC_Gurl wrote:I work in a pharmacy... and to be honest... it's one in the same.
However, the wages will vary depending on which pharmacy you wok at, and same goes for pharmacy student wages as well.
I am going to study the program, so you think after studying the program, and getting the certificate doesn't make any difference and still the same wage?
Does London Drugs/Shoppers drug marts..etc provide trainings before work begins?
I've been sending my resume to the drug stores recently, but wiithout studying the program , is it possible to be hired?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2005
3359 posts
34 upvotes
maltese wrote:How much does Pharmacy Assistant get paid?
I heard they make average $32xx per month, that is like $18.xx/hour, is that true?
But I also heard pharmacy Assistant starts at $10/hr only
Who is right?

Anyone studied Pharmacy assistant or technician program before?
pharmacy assiastant doesn't get $18/hour.. it's more like 10-15/hour, depending on the drug store..
Dec 3, 2004
568 posts
7 upvotes
Whitby
ttt wrote:pharmacy assiastant doesn't get $18/hour.. it's more like 10-15/hour, depending on the drug store..
How much does a linguist get??? (Sorry... couldn't help it. :twisted: )
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1424 upvotes
Pickering
maltese wrote:I am going to study the program, so you think after studying the program, and getting the certificate doesn't make any difference and still the same wage?
Does London Drugs/Shoppers drug marts..etc provide trainings before work begins?
I've been sending my resume to the drug stores recently, but wiithout studying the program , is it possible to be hired?
Yes it is, but the way to get into Shoppers is to work at a small pharmacy (which you may hate) and then apply to shoppers with some experience. That is the way my GF did it, and she isn't certified. Shoppers has pay increase scales, and when you are on it, you just get an increase until you reach max.

The other way, is to move around from Shoppers to Shoppers. One store paid $2 per hour more, so my GF went there. With a little moving around, she got a $3/hr increase in just over a year. Don't forget, Pharma Plus or even working in a Loblaws/Fortinos type pharmacy.

Get ready to serve the whining drug crazed masses.
Dec 11, 2002
115 posts
Professional student…
maltese wrote:I am going to study the program, so you think after studying the program, and getting the certificate doesn't make any difference and still the same wage?
Are you referring to the pharmacy technician program?
If so, once you become a certified pharmacy technician you will get paid more than someone who isn't certified.
But once again, the pay you receive will depend on your experience level as well as your place of employment.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1785 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
Hospitals generally pay pharmacy technicians higher than private companies.
spot finder
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
8640 posts
546 upvotes
Heh... I was one for 2 years during highschool.

Easiest job in the world. Starting pay was like 12 an hour at a small pharmacy. The only reason I got the job was b/c both my parents are pharmacists and got hookups. Regardless, the job is easy and very nice. Shoppers won't hire you unless you know how to work the current system they are on. Each pharmacy could have its own different computer software and until you know what they use, they may not hire you for that reason alone.

If you are currently in a program, then you'll get hired faster. Honestly, the job takes almost no experience and awesome pay for high school student. Although working at a busy pharmacy is not always good since it just takes too much work for that.

It does go to 18/hr I believe if you work there long enough.
× < >