• Feb 20th, 2018 11:45 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9648 posts
3950 upvotes
Toronto

How much for progressives?

What do progressive lenses typically cost, not including frames? Is there a wide range of prices?
Just wondering because I haven't needed them up to now but my optometrist tells me that I'll probably need them soon.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
7994 posts
2226 upvotes
Alberta
$300+ if my memory serves me right. Probably depends on the prescription. Mine is pretty strong.

You can check with the eye care centre at any Costco. They usually have pretty decent prices. Limited selection of frames however.

David
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
2965 posts
2632 upvotes
GTA West
Jimbobs wrote: What do progressive lenses typically cost, not including frames? Is there a wide range of prices?
Just wondering because I haven't needed them up to now but my optometrist tells me that I'll probably need them soon.
Just paid $359 at Costco for Accolade Freedoms which included an $89 frame. My last pair purchased from an Optometrist about 8 years ago was around $700, including the $200 Silhouette frame.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9648 posts
3950 upvotes
Toronto
Update: my local Costco (Etobicoke, Toronto) told me their policy was not to put lenses in old frames so couldn't give me a price for lenses only! Tried another place, Mega Save Optical, on Bloor West, and he quoted me $300 for the lenses, installed in my own frames.

Update: Checked out the frames at Costco (Etobicoke) and was very disappointed with selection. Decided to buy new frames at Mega Save. Frames $119 + progressive lenses with all coatings $300 = $419. No tax because it's prescription.