Off Topic Archive

Locked: how much Shoppers drug mart pay ??

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2004 2:13 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 31, 2004
104 posts
Scarborough

how much Shoppers drug mart pay ??

Does anyone work or used to work at shoppers drug mart?
How much did u guys get pay????
and
Is a good place to work ???

because i need to find a part time job ......

thanks
Share:
9 replies
Jun 10, 2004
475 posts
Toronto
I worked at Shoppers for about a year during highschool. I remember the pay was $7.25/hour or something. This was like 3 years ago. So I'm pretty sure its should be higher now.
Working there wasn't so bad. You had to do pretty much everything though. Cashier, photolab, lottery, merchandiser, janitor, sometimes even cover for cosmetic counter (I'm a guy, so it was pretty weird when woman comes up to me and ask me where the age-defying Oil of Olay moisturizers are)...etc. Otherwise, the job was generally ok. You get 15 minute paid break for every 4 hours you work, or a 30 minute unpaid lunch break along with a 15 minute paid break when you work 8 hours. Usually they rip off the students by making you work 3 hour and 45 minutes. Just so you don't get a break.
Girls generally does stay at the counter more often than guys. I remember when I was there, half the time I was hauling boxes of diaper, coca cola, and tampons out to the shelfs or I was signing people up for their Optimum cards. Only went to do cashier when the line gets long.
Maybe the biggest perk working there is the number of funny stories you'll be able to tell your friends. I remember one guy came in at 9am in the morning once and asked for Morning-After Pills. I had no idea what they were back then, so I asked him what they are used for.(I thought it was some non-drowsy cold medicine or whatever) He got all embarassed and ran off. Eventually found out from the pharmacist what it was. Had a good laugh with the pharmacist.
Generally, not a bad job for highschool students since they pay better than any fast-food restaurants. Its usually a clean job, even the garbage most of the time was just boxes and perfume test papers. When I worked there, they were pretty flexible with the scheduling for students, never make you work till 12am on a school night.
Oh yeah, I don't know if they still do this, but back then they were just pushing out the optimum cards and I got a crap load of free points from companie contests. Got the 100% off level TWICE! Loaded up on Shampoo and Skin care. :cheesygri
[OP]
Jan 31, 2004
104 posts
Scarborough
Thanks a lot man ......... good advice ......... any other ppl ???
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
1809 posts
163 upvotes
I used to work there 3-4 years ago I started @ $7.50 when minimum was $6.85. Raises are every year about 10 -30c, Discount is AMAZING. My store was cost but associates are allowed to charge up to 5% over cost. Pay and discount depends on the store.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
2591 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
wouldnt it be a lot easier just to walk into a SDM located at every other street corner and ask them, what are you shy?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5464 posts
178 upvotes
BC
greg123 wrote:wouldnt it be a lot easier just to walk into a SDM located at every other street corner and ask them, what are you shy?

questions on wages normally would be discussed during an interview.. not posted on the front door.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
1674 posts
2 upvotes
i have a couple of friends that work there.
one i know is making $9+ and i think other is $8+
they offered one of my friend's $40k for full time
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
4762 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Their discounts was almost 50% off perfumes .... but that has been cut tremendously now.
For Sale:
    Canon 70D + LEns + 580 EX ii Flash + 265 Flash + Triggers +
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18115 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Wow ... $40K? No way. That's like $20/hr! What position is it for? Assistant manager?

nx2k wrote:i have a couple of friends that work there.
one i know is making $9+ and i think other is $8+
they offered one of my friend's $40k for full time
[OP]
Jan 31, 2004
104 posts
Scarborough
really !!! 40k !!
I don't believe it ..... most some higher up position ........

thanks for all of u reply
× < >