Cell Phones

How much would a 16GB unlocked iPhone 4S go for?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2015 11:55 am
Tags:
None
Jan 4, 2009
674 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga

How much would a 16GB unlocked iPhone 4S go for?

I'm thinking of selling mine.
No dents, scratches or damages.
2.5 years old.
An approximate number.
Thanks.
19 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
Sold mine recently for $200 with and extra charger cable & wall charger, also threw in some screen protectors.
Jan 4, 2009
674 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
sickcars wrote: Sold mine recently for $200 with and extra charger cable & wall charger, also threw in some screen protectors.
Where did you sell it ? Did you replace the battery prior to the sale ? Was it unlocked ?
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
on Kijiji
Yes I replaced the battery, Fixed the power button, cleaned it up.
Yes it was unlocked.

Before xmas I sold a iphone 5c for $350 locked to telus but it was in brand new shape.

Will be selling an iphone 5 soon once I clean it up. Will probably post it up for around $300 and see what I get
Demonoid wrote: Where did you sell it ? Did you replace the battery prior to the sale ? Was it unlocked ?
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
so iphone 5 should be around 300 and 5s around 350-400?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
Well thats how much I would try and sell it for. If you look on kijiji a lot of them go for slightly lower. It really depends on the buyer. But these are my results from selling phones however I price them slightly higher because I do my best to put them in the best condition possible.
Aznkid2000 wrote: so iphone 5 should be around 300 and 5s around 350-400?
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
sickcars wrote: Well thats how much I would try and sell it for. If you look on kijiji a lot of them go for slightly lower. It really depends on the buyer. But these are my results from selling phones however I price them slightly higher because I do my best to put them in the best condition possible.
i use to check kijiji and rfd for phones awhile back but now with the blacklisting it sort of putting me off. How often does this happen?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1793 posts
909 upvotes
YYC
Just be happy with whatever you get, the 4S is like using dial up.. LoL
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4327 posts
437 upvotes
Calgary
$100-$125 would be the max I would probably buy one for. I have a 4 that I am giving to my FIL, not even worth selling it, to him though it'll probably be a significant update since he's on one of those feature Nokia cell phone from like 1997 lol.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
$175.

I wouldn't pay that, but somebody might for a mint unlocked one, esp. if it comes with the receipt.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
Sold my mom's iPhone 4S 16gb white unlocked, 10/10 with box and everything for $180 via Kijiji a few weeks back.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
EugW wrote: $175.

I wouldn't pay that, but somebody might for a mint unlocked one, esp. if it comes with the receipt.
dragon_drift wrote: Sold my mom's iPhone 4S 16gb white unlocked, 10/10 with box and everything for $180 via Kijiji a few weeks back.
Well, there ya go. ;)
Banned
Jan 29, 2015
5 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
it's said that Xiaomi had held an activity that use the old iphone to exchange Xiaomi Note :razz:
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
Not sure how often it happens but black listing is less likely on the older phones since that extra warranty people pay for would be over or they would stop paying for it for the older phones as its not really worth it.
Aznkid2000 wrote: i use to check kijiji and rfd for phones awhile back but now with the blacklisting it sort of putting me off. How often does this happen?
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto
Hey guys a question;

I'm not an iPhone guy my flagship phones are always Samsung Galaxys but I want an iPhone for a girl relative of mine in the home country. If I buy an unlocked iPhone 4s and send it to her does she needs a desktop and Apple account just to use that phone off the bat? Does she needs to register it? This is the reason why I have never sent her an iPhone.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
No as long as its unlocked & has no password/icloud account or anything like that on it. When she gets the phone she just put in the sim card (will probably need to buy a Nano sized one or cut her current one) and it will work.
Gammatron wrote: Hey guys a question;

I'm not an iPhone guy my flagship phones are always Samsung Galaxys but I want an iPhone for a girl relative of mine in the home country. If I buy an unlocked iPhone 4s and send it to her does she needs a desktop and Apple account just to use that phone off the bat? Does she needs to register it? This is the reason why I have never sent her an iPhone.
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto
sickcars wrote: No as long as its unlocked & has no password/icloud account or anything like that on it. When she gets the phone she just put in the sim card (will probably need to buy a Nano sized one or cut her current one) and it will work.
Thanks man so if I buy a used one off Kijiji I have to make sure it's liasion with an iCloud or Apple account is cut/deleted, correct?
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
Yes there should be no information from the user on the phone. no accounts or anything.
Gammatron wrote: Thanks man so if I buy a used one off Kijiji I have to make sure it's liasion with an iCloud or Apple account is cut/deleted, correct?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)