Health & Wellness

How much are you paying for dental cleaning?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2018 11:04 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2005
4638 posts
577 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Is there no longer a standard fee schedule for dentists in Ontario?
ie - what insurance companies use to determine how much to pay for specific services.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16729 posts
1533 upvotes
Space for rent
How much are you guys paying for implants? Just got a quote that was higher than my last dentist.
Sep 24, 2018
3 posts
U of T Dental told me it is a requirement to have our teeth cleaned each time we go there for a checkup. They separate the tasks into different appointments that take 2.5-3 hours each visit & you pay each time...so the cost adds up. I think if more than 6 months passes since your first visit, you pay the application fee again & have xrays redone. The students ask you to repeat your medical info at every visit (even though you had filled out medical forms prior & some do not read the forms).

I did not go back there because the student rushed me & was very disorganized & did not take time to answer my questions. Some instructors are very rude (the old woman with the red blond hair gets irritated and snaps at customers & rushes us. She just wants the students to finish the task/assignment on time...does not care about the patient). Instructors do not stay nearby to supervise the work, so some services may not be done properly.