Shopping Discussion

How often should I replace iphone to save the most money ?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2016 5:19 am
Tags:
None
Dec 16, 2010
537 posts
113 upvotes
Am I the only one who replaces my phone when it breaks and I can't find cheap replacement parts to fix it? I don't get the phone craze
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
He asked when it makes sense to get a new phone. That's what I answered, and it's just an opinion but it does save me money selling previous models while they are still highly saleable and worth a lot rather than trying to flog several years old versions.
eonibm wrote: That's not the question he asked and what you propose clearly costs more.
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1865 upvotes
Scarborough
FieroAlex wrote: Am I the only one who replaces my phone when it breaks and I can't find cheap replacement parts to fix it? I don't get the phone craze
+1, keep it going as long as possible, save the money!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
HowEver wrote: He asked when it makes sense to get a new phone. That's what I answered, and it's just an opinion but it does save me money selling previous models while they are still highly saleable and worth a lot rather than trying to flog several years old versions.
No. He asked how to save the most money. You need to reread the title of the thread. You save the most money by not buying new iPhones but by repairing the one you have.

What do you do may save you money but it does not save you the most money and that was the question.
Mar 26, 2015
135 posts
14 upvotes
North York, ON
Thanks everyone for sharing. This is helpful. I may keep this one for a little while longer or go with the android. (In terms of the person who recommended reselling the iphone every year because it retains value, I read an article online saying the same thing (though it was hard to figure out whether it was a fair/unbiased article or someone being paid off by apple). He actually said that you would save more money doing this than by replacing it every two or three years.) I'll have to consider now that I've had everyone's advice.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)