Home & Garden

How to oppose cell phone antenna on the roof of your apartment?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2017 11:56 pm
[OP]
Sep 1, 2016
5 posts
Vancouver, BC

How to oppose cell phone antenna on the roof of your apartment?

Hi, guys! Maybe somebody has already have a similar problem and willing to share their experience. The problem is that we live in a rental building and the management company of the building made a deal with Wind company to instal cell antenna on the roof of the building, everybody is against it, we sent a petition to them about our concern, but they sent back a lot of printed materials that cell antenna is not health concern and they are going to install it anyway. Any advice on this matter will be highly appreciated .
13 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4422 posts
2056 upvotes
Edmonton
Move?

This is off topic. Maybe try posting in the Home forum? But the building belongs to the owners. They can do what they like, as long as it follows Industry Canada and zoning/municipal laws.

C
Temp. Banned
Mar 29, 2015
1969 posts
145 upvotes
Wood Bridge
We live in a free and democratic society, where a property owner is free to do what ever he likes with his property, including installing a cellular antenna from Freedom Mobile, formerly Wind mobile. that meets all federal standards from industry canada. If you have a problem with it, please let us know what the actual problem is? or is it not an actual problem and you just do not "LIKE" Cell phone towers? because if you do not "like" cell phone towers, that does not considered a "problem" but more of a personal preference, which means if you are free to move to another building if you wish
Thanks
May 12, 2014
847 posts
335 upvotes
Montreal
Everyone wants cell phone connectivity, and no one wants these towers anywhere. At some point, something has to give.

Anyway, this has been studied to death, and there is little to no evidence that electromagnetic radiation causes any sort of health problem whatsoever. There has been an explosion of EM emitting devices in the last 30 years (microwaves, cell/TV towers, cellphones, ...) and yet there has been no discernible increase in cancer rates (when you account for people getting older).
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4344 posts
1015 upvotes
FrancisBacon wrote:
Jan 6th, 2017 5:19 am
Everyone wants cell phone connectivity, and no one wants these towers anywhere. At some point, something has to give.

Anyway, this has been studied to death, and there is little to no evidence that electromagnetic radiation causes any sort of health problem whatsoever. There has been an explosion of EM emitting devices in the last 30 years (microwaves, cell/TV towers, cellphones, ...) and yet there has been no discernible increase in cancer rates (when you account for people getting older).
classic NIMBY-ism
Thanks RFD for:

-Koodo $48 MB Plan 5GB
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
27893 posts
3944 upvotes
Ottawa
Not much you can do so, get some tin foil hats if you are concerned. :)
'Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional minority, and rabidly promoted by unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.' Anonymous
Feb 25, 2004
408 posts
69 upvotes
Longueuil
Stronzo1 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 7:28 am
We live in a free and democratic society, where a property owner is free to do what ever he likes with his property, including installing a cellular antenna from Freedom Mobile, formerly Wind mobile.
In Canada a property owner is definately not free to do whatever he likes... ;-) (but this is off-topic and you are right that he can install a cellular tower)

I hope OP isn't watching free OTA HD TV because he will likely have to say good bye to free TV and pay for it from now on.
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7264 posts
2287 upvotes
ON
JEDI Force wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 10:13 pm
I hope OP isn't watching free OTA HD TV because he will likely have to say good bye to free TV and pay for it from now on.
AWS is nowhere near TV frequencies. It's 700mhz cell signals you'd need to worry about.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6639 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone remember ~25 years ago regarding the fear of living near high voltage power lines?
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2002
4836 posts
4780 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jan 8th, 2017 9:47 am
Oh hey hey! That means you can use wind at home without the shitty reception...at least their plans are cheAp cheap
Cell phone reception directly under/in a building with a cell phone tower isn't particularly good.
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Feb 20, 2011
306 posts
37 upvotes
east york
u rent the apartment so u got no say in the matter
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
2403 posts
1503 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hoob wrote:
Jan 9th, 2017 10:03 pm
Cell phone reception directly under/in a building with a cell phone tower isn't particularly good.
What's not to like? Put the KD mac and cheese on the table before leaving for work, come home to a nice hot meal. No need for a microwave or slow cooker.