Shopping Discussion

How to order from harbor freight to pick up at border?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2017 10:57 am
[OP]
Nov 26, 2013
404 posts
17 upvotes

How to order from harbor freight to pick up at border?

I was placing an order on the HF website but notice there is no way to enter a Canadian billing address. Has anyone ever done it? If so, how did you proceed? I would get it shipped to the border so I could go pick it up and bring it back over.
9 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18782 posts
4063 upvotes
Toronto
How is this related in an Auto forum ?
[OP]
Nov 26, 2013
404 posts
17 upvotes
booblehead wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:38 pm
How is this related in an Auto forum ?
I'll ask the mods to move it. I didn't know where to post but since HF is automotive tools store I figured I would post here.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4737 posts
2310 upvotes
Edmonton
Before moving or re-posting, perhaps do a search on the "Shopping" forum. Different methods of cross-border shopping have already been discussed.

C
[OP]
Nov 26, 2013
404 posts
17 upvotes
CNeufeld wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:47 pm
Before moving or re-posting, perhaps do a search on the "Shopping" forum. Different methods of cross-border shopping have already been discussed.

C
I actually know how to cross border shop, this is actually specific to harbor freight as their website doesn't let you use a Canadian billing address. I have searched for harbor freight on the forum and didn't find anything relevant.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4737 posts
2310 upvotes
Edmonton
johnnyh55 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 3:35 pm
I actually know how to cross border shop, this is actually specific to harbor freight as their website doesn't let you use a Canadian billing address. I have searched for harbor freight on the forum and didn't find anything relevant.
It's the same logic as in the HD thread, no? Can't enter in a US address. So get a US address added to your credit card, and go from there. Or buy (or have someone down in the US buy) you gift cards, and use those.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/online- ... 1280679/4/

Did you try calling them?
https://www.harborfreight.com/customer- ... ivery.html (check the bottom of the page)

C
Nov 16, 2011
272 posts
89 upvotes
HAMILTON
where are you ?

There is one located bout 1/2 hr across the border so just as easy to drive over and buy it.

Just look up locations close to Niagara or Buffalo
[OP]
Nov 26, 2013
404 posts
17 upvotes
luckystrike1 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 3:48 pm
where are you ?

There is one located bout 1/2 hr across the border so just as easy to drive over and buy it.

Just look up locations close to Niagara or Buffalo
I'm in Ottawa. The nearest one is Watertown which is 2 hour drive, I rather ship to border and pickup there and save an hour driving time.
Jan 13, 2004
596 posts
96 upvotes
Vancouver
johnnyh55 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:27 pm
I was placing an order on the HF website but notice there is no way to enter a Canadian billing address. Has anyone ever done it? If so, how did you proceed? I would get it shipped to the border so I could go pick it up and bring it back over.
I used to do it all the time. I usually add all my items to the shopping cart, then apply all the coupon codes to confirm pricing. Afterwards, I would call their 1-800 to place my order over the phone and have everything shipped to Blaine, WA. I don't tell them I'm Canadian, just that I have a Canadian credit card and that I have an American address.

I haven't made any orders recently, but I noticed their website now says they'll ship to Canada but they won't allow Canadians to use coupon codes when shipping to Canada.