Mississauga
Pizza Hut is good once in a while.

The only pizza at Dominoes worth eating is their Brookyln
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3207 posts
481 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Pizza Hut on King street in Toronto botched a $72 (ordered during a half off sale, for size of scale of order) and botched it so bad 75% of it was inedible. Corporate did N-O-T-H-I-N-G about it at all for almost 2 months. Finally get a $20 :lol: credit "attached to my phone number" that conveniently did NOT show up the next time we tried to order. Tweets, emails, and calls go unanswered now 3 months later after the second incident. Smiling Face With Horns
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4131 posts
783 upvotes
Regina
best pie I had from Pizza hut is when they did the any number of toppings for $10-$12 a few years back....if I could find the source for their pepperoni I would buy a bunch
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4131 posts
783 upvotes
Regina
dor79 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 8:54 am
Pizza Hut is good once in a while.

The only pizza at Dominoes worth eating is their Brookyln
that's the one, greasy but oh so good
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2573 posts
762 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:02 am
Pizza Hut on King street in Toronto botched a $72 (ordered during a half off sale, for size of scale of order) and botched it so bad 75% of it was inedible. Corporate did N-O-T-H-I-N-G about it at all for almost 2 months. Finally get a $20 :lol: credit "attached to my phone number" that conveniently did NOT show up the next time we tried to order. Tweets, emails, and calls go unanswered now 3 months later after the second incident. Smiling Face With Horns
Just wondering what does 'botched' mean to you? Can you post pictures?
I find almost every bad complaint about pizza is from the person being too picky

For me, I consider it fast food, my expectations aren't too high for chains. Only thing I expect is a mediocre pizza
I've never bought a pizza from a chain pizza store that was so bad that I didn't eat it.
Last edited by toronto19850 on Jan 3rd, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21835 posts
6844 upvotes
Toronto
Pizza Hut was real good about 20+ yrs ago. Now, it's hit & miss and I am talking about at the same location. No consistency any more.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13455 posts
2236 upvotes
Toronto
The Pizza hut @ Dufferin mall is still a major joke.
They have a dinner buffet with a strict rule to never ever have more than two toppings on a pizza.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
3207 posts
481 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
toronto19850 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:19 am
Just wondering what does 'botched' mean to you? Can you post pictures?
I find almost every bad complaint about pizza is from the person being too picky

For me, I consider it fast food, my expectations aren't too high for chains. Only thing I expect is a mediocre pizza
I've never bought a pizza from a chain pizza store that was so bad that I didn't eat it.
I am very passive when it comes to food services. I have on more than one occasion just dealt with the wrong or slightly off order just because I know how tough food service or customer service is and I hate fighting or tension. As far as how botched the order was, the cinna parts were 80% raw and came as a clumped wad of disgusting lukewarm dough covered in cinnamon sauce. 3 pizzas were so undercooked the middle of the pizza was a cold soupy texture that leaked completely through the box. Another pizza looked as if they put it in the microwave for 15 seconds and then sent it out. The cheese on that one was literally still in shreds and not cooked. The chicken we ordered was the exact OPPOSITE of the uncooked pizza. So overdone they attempted to drown it in the sauce to rehydrate them It was literally in a hot sauce soup.
[Signature removed due to rule violation]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
16272 posts
13029 upvotes
Toronto
Pizza Hut on Jarvis, South of Front has been great for me. Sadly it is too close to my office. The $10 deals are very tempting. Order it online and it's ready by time I arrive . They never skimp on the toppings.

I'm no scientist but my feeling is that all the extra grease makes it ideal for leftover eating too. The next day it heats up nice without drying out
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2573 posts
762 upvotes
willdacanucker wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:05 am
I am very passive when it comes to food services. I have on more than one occasion just dealt with the wrong or slightly off order just because I know how tough food service or customer service is and I hate fighting or tension. As far as how botched the order was, the cinna parts were 80% raw and came as a clumped wad of disgusting lukewarm dough covered in cinnamon sauce. 3 pizzas were so undercooked the middle of the pizza was a cold soupy texture that leaked completely through the box. Another pizza looked as if they put it in the microwave for 15 seconds and then sent it out. The cheese on that one was literally still in shreds and not cooked. The chicken we ordered was the exact OPPOSITE of the uncooked pizza. So overdone they attempted to drown it in the sauce to rehydrate them It was literally in a hot sauce soup.
Well then I guess that’s in-edible. I’ve never had a pizza that was soupy and leaked but I wouldn’t eat it

Have any pictures? Pretty sure if you posted some on their Facebook it’d bring some attention. May even go viral, I’ve never even heard of that happening
Jan 11, 2012
161 posts
14 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Very good point about the not drying sprung.
Obviously pizza hut is not anywhere near a healthy food choice, and the daily offer is on the cheap side too.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1188 posts
152 upvotes
Markham, ON
I like pizza hut more than dominoes. The few times I tried dominoes, I thought their pizza has this weird taste to it.

If your friends and family finds pizza hut to oily then go by yourself on lunch buffet. The pizza is just as good. I have not tried their dessert pizza yet. It is too bad they don't serve garlic bread with cheese in lunch buffet. Their garlic bread with cheese is very good. Always thought their pasta was bad.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1188 posts
152 upvotes
Markham, ON
willdacanucker wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 10:05 am
In store they serve it on a pan! I don't really get take out pizza from pizza hut. When it's take out I go to pizza pizza or pizza nova.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1188 posts
152 upvotes
Markham, ON
All these talks about pizza hut is making me want to visit one. Does anyone want to go to pizza hut as a group. We can determine what to get before we get there and get the best bang from our collective bucks!!! The more the merrier so we can try more pizza.

I haven't been to pizza hut for so long.
Jun 6, 2016
108 posts
71 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 9:36 am
The Pizza hut @ Dufferin mall is still a major joke.
They have a dinner buffet with a strict rule to never ever have more than two toppings on a pizza.
I have worked at Pizza Hut the whole time I've been a student and I still remember all of the procedures and recipes to this day and will most likely bring them to my grave -- albeit it WAS 15 yrs ago, so who knows if it's still the case.

Usual rule of thumb in regards to the buffet is we served three regular types every day (pepperoni, cheese only and veggies), and the number of toppings for those medium-sized pizzas were the equivalent of what you would find on a small-sized pizza. It was simply to keep costs low since you can never be sure of the volume consumed / wasted on the daily buffet. The "à la carte" pizzas had the amount of toppings you would usually expect, but the buffet pizzas willingly had less toppings on them.

We also had a 4th "daily special" pizza to our rotation and, if it's looks too good to be true (for exemple : it's full of meat) it usually was because the ingredients were on their last day before getting past due date. Nothing bad per say, and obviously still edible, but the 4th pizza was akin to the "50 % off" cuts of meat you would find at the supermarket -- still good it if you eat it today, no guarantee for tomorrow though.