• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2006 10:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
158 upvotes
personally i love pineapple to death, but the ones up here are acidy.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
I bought the Cordon Bleu cookbook and thet teach u how to core a pineapple like how they are at the grocery store.

you cut the top and bottom off and take a sharp knife and run it along the inside so what you remove is a cylinder!
works pretty well and you can also use the shell as a decoration!

I also looove pineapple and eat it every week!
I saw this in a catalog I was shopping from.
A pineapple coring set- you can cut your pineapple like a pro and save 2-3 $ extra they charge at the store (at least where i live...)

http://www.ashtongreen.com/product.dhtm ... 119&pres=1

Pineapple Slicer/Corer

Removing all those little eyes from a fresh pineapple with a knife can be a chore and, until now, the available pineapple gadgets created a lot of wasted fruit. With this new slicer you can peel, core, and slice a fresh pineapple in less than a minute and with very little waste. You cut the top off the pineapple, select the cutter that matches the diameter of the fruit, centre it over the core, and turn the large, cushioned handle. The central blade cores, the edge blade peels, and the horizontal blade slices -- all in one easy motion, corkscrewing through the fruit. You then pull and twist the fruit out, leaving behind a shell of peel which you can use for food or drink presentation. The dishwasher safe set includes one handle, 3 ABS plastic cutters: 3 5/8, 3 1/4, and 2 7/8 inch diameters, and complete instructions. Made in the Netherlands.

C119.03 Pineapple Slicer Set C$ 19.95

I esp like the brochette st huberts has- they have grilled pineapple w sauce on it, mushrooms, green pepper and onion yum!
This user has no signature! :| :| :|