Shopping Discussion

How to prove Id at work if courier/canada post drop off pickup slip at workplace for parcel delivery (no work id)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2016 8:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2644 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary

How to prove Id at work if courier/canada post drop off pickup slip at workplace for parcel delivery (no work id)

6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
3387 posts
1800 upvotes
Ontario
...show him you Driver's License or other piece of ID. Seriously, who asks these questions??

FYI, Canada Post stopped doing on-the-spot DNA identity tests back in 2005
Jun 21, 2016
261 posts
71 upvotes
If only it were that easy. My parcels go to Shoppers and they require the address on the ID to match the address on the parcel.

I had recently moved and my ID address did not match the address of delivery and they would not let me pick it up until I could prove I lived at the address on the parcel, ID alone was not sufficient.

My wife had already changed her ID so she picked it up. Even though it was in my name but the address matched the one on her ID.

hebsie wrote:
Aug 15th, 2016 6:42 pm
...show him you Driver's License or other piece of ID. Seriously, who asks these questions??

Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1794 posts
319 upvotes
kocoman wrote:
Aug 15th, 2016 6:35 pm
Maybe a business card with company name and address matching package label? You might be able to get away with just a current utility bill with a matching address and the actual pickup slip along with your ID.
hebsie wrote:
Seriously, who doesn't understand the question being asked is not that simple, especially when the OP mentions workplace delivery and WORK ID??
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8222 posts
1279 upvotes
Toronto
Moral of the story, collect your personal items at home or have the courier keep it at one of their pickup centres etc.

Work stuff would come to their mailroom generally.

Only Canada Post usually as for ID at shoppers Drug mart post office etc.

I guess they need to be extra careful.

Hardly do UPS,Fedex, or CP deliverers ask for ID if they are delivering to place of abode address on the package.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5405 posts
3274 upvotes
Show the shipping confirmation email on your phone. I don't have any kind of government ID with my address on it, and I have never had a problem picking up a package. As long as the last names match, you should be fine.

JustinL733617 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2016 7:33 pm
If only it were that easy. My parcels go to Shoppers and they require the address on the ID to match the address on the parcel.

I had recently moved and my ID address did not match the address of delivery and they would not let me pick it up until I could prove I lived at the address on the parcel, ID alone was not sufficient.

My wife had already changed her ID so she picked it up. Even though it was in my name but the address matched the one on her ID.
hebsie wrote:

They are not supposed to ask proof of address if you have the delivery notice and the first and last names match:
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/det ... ildelivery
//