How is RBC Visa Platinum Credit Card?

name is cool, looked cool as well.
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2008
5613 posts
1713 upvotes
Toronto
Does not offer any rewards, you are better off with other cards where you earn points on your spending. "Cool" crap maybe :D
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1088 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
the visa infinite avion is more "cool"

the best is the private banking visa infinite
Jan 11, 2014
206 posts
45 upvotes
The RBC 2% Cash Back Mastercard or RBC Target Redcard is a better deal than the RBC Visa Platinum Credit Card.
Nov 6, 2013
282 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
Are you looking for a specific credit card? Or just inquiring our thoughts on this particular one? The benefits seem to be lacking compared to what else is out there. The design looks cool though.
Mar 23, 2004
37500 posts
3933 upvotes
Markham
Pointshogger wrote:
Jan 19th, 2014 9:38 pm
The design looks cool though.
Thats all the card has going for it really :D
「もし、奇跡を起こせたら……」
[OP]
Jan 14, 2014
17 posts
1 upvote
yes, it seems like there is not much benefit for this card as i got a amex gold for my travel insurance already.
but i applied and got approval, it is my first platinum credit card
:) thanks everybody
Dec 15, 2012
35 posts
4 upvotes
One time an RBC rep told me during conversation that he wasn't sure why anyone would apply for that card. I think it does have its uses, but for a select few.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
1371 posts
55 upvotes
cjottawa wrote:
Jan 19th, 2014 10:51 pm
One benefit: rental car insurance, which also includes car sharing fleet insurance. You could keep it around for that and that alone, making your other purchases on a card that offers better rewards.
Or just get an MBNA card which is also free, useful for everyday purchases, and includes more insurance benefits. Zero reason to get this card unless can get some super low rate on it.
angel_wing0 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2014 10:17 pm
Thats all the card has going for it really :D
I don't think it looks all that good. Now the BMO Elite card, that is a good looking card, probably the best looking one I have.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1088 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
halflife150 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2014 9:39 am
Or just get an MBNA card which is also free, useful for everyday purchases, and includes more insurance benefits. Zero reason to get this card unless can get some super low rate on it.

I don't think it looks all that good. Now the BMO Elite card, that is a good looking card, probably the best looking one I have.
if they ever change the design i hope they make a higher level card that keeps the same look.
Oct 27, 2009
137 posts
252 upvotes
Montreal
orangefall wrote:
Jan 20th, 2014 12:16 am
One time an RBC rep told me during conversation that he wasn't sure why anyone would apply for that card. I think it does have its uses, but for a select few.
You should stop your business with that rep. The Visa platinum offers basic travel accident coverage and auto rental insurance. Compared to the Visa Gold rewards, the platinum is missing reward points but can go up to a credit limit of 50 000$.
Nov 7, 2006
120 posts
Agree and agree. The RBC Avion Infinite is nice, but the Visa Infinite for private banking has an understated elegance

zerg00 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2014 3:46 pm
the visa infinite avion is more "cool"

the best is the private banking visa infinite
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1338 posts
221 upvotes
Montreal
Private banking?
dont we need 3 million to get this card?
I dont think ive ever seen one yet