Computers & Electronics

How reliable is ACN highspeed Internet

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2016 12:23 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 15, 2006
507 posts
32 upvotes

How reliable is ACN highspeed Internet

I currently have rogers high speed Internet. I was thinking switching to ACN high speed internet. I would appreciate any feedback if ACN internet is reliable. does it drop on and off. I need to use for Work. thanks
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
2631 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
ACN is such a scam... lol lol

pyramid marketing scheme.

oh dear.

Donald Trump says its reliable so it must be good.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Jan 15, 2006
507 posts
32 upvotes
Repooc wrote:
Jan 11th, 2010 9:14 am
ACN is such a scam... lol lol

pyramid marketing scheme.

oh dear.

Donald Trump says its reliable so it must be good.
I am not trying to become a Rep or sales person. just want to know if their connection is stable. I am getting fed up of rogers charging me every month extra money for bandwidth download.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 12, 2008
3701 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Repooc wrote:
Jan 11th, 2010 9:14 am
ACN is such a scam... lol lol

pyramid marketing scheme.

oh dear.

Donald Trump says its reliable so it must be good.
ACN just resells bell internet just like Teksavvy and all other companies.
GA-MA78G-DS3H | Phenon II x4 955BE 3.2Ghz | 8GB DDR2 800Mhz | XFX 7770 1GB | 160GB + 750GB WD HDD | Corsair VX550W PSU | Samsung T24A350 24" x2 | Corsair 200R
Member
Feb 25, 2005
491 posts
12 upvotes
FYI, watch out for ACN, they are another pyramid scam. Its like Primerica & World Financial Group.
ACN is actually endorsed by Donald Trump, ofcourse b/c they are paying him to advertise their company. Go read other threads on ACN Canada to find more info!

Did you know that to join ACN, you have to pay $500 start up fee. They call it starting your own business fee?? I feel bad that hard working blue collar class workers are wasting their $500 and time by getting suckered into this event.

What a waste of my 2hours of my life. At the seminar, I saw alot of brown and black people. Mostly older people from my parents generation, they look like the blue collar type of people. I really feel bad that they are all sucked into this and are brain washed into attending & getting involved in this event.

Here's the link to the ACN Canada website in case you guys are curious.

http://www.acncanada.ca/

ACN is actually endorsed by Donald Trump, ofcourse b/c they are paying him to advertise their company. They try to make the company sound so reputable but I saw through them. However, a friend of mine did tell me that one of his friends who did an Human Resources degree from Ryerson U did get suckered into this. She is a Human Resources Generalist in her full time job and actually signed up and paid $500! So even educated people can be suckers too! LOL :p...I feel bad for the people who don't have much $$ and got scammed into paying the $500 which means alot to them!

My friend told me that she did not have a good encounter with ACN also. She also thinks its pyramid scam, so people are not as clueless and easy to brainwash as you guys think it is...especially the smart & well educated people...I do feel bad for all those who were brainwashed that have attended the event tonight. They all seem to be hooked on drugs or something, everyone is so happy & high...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 4, 2003
4327 posts
93 upvotes
Lesson in logic:

Perhaps your "friend" was an ACN rep, without ever having been to one of these meetings?

MLM is a proven business model - for the business and early adopters. There's nothing wrong with it if you believe in the product being a worthwhile one. Also, ACN the service could be great - you don't have to sign up as a rep to use it.

/no affiliation with ACN.
h2lam wrote:
Mar 10th, 2010 11:50 pm
FYI, watch out for ACN, they are another pyramid scam. Look at the story below that happened to me today. I was tricked into attending their stupid sales seminar where they were trying to sucker me & other people into being their team leader aka sales agent. Its like Primerica & World Financial Group.

This guy whom I thought would have been a nice friend to get to know met up with me tonight. We were suppose to just hang out & have dinner or BBT. Then he told me that he wants to "show me something"...it turned out that he took me to their stupid ACN sales seminar so that I can be interested in becoming one of their sales agents working on pure commission. What a waste of my 2 hrs of my life b/c I sat there for 2 hrs and it was the longest 2 hours of my life. I didn't even sign up for this event at all or was interested. He basically tricked me into attending and then acted like on its his first time too and BS so much. He said that he's not into sales either & stuff and its his first time. He told me its just 30 mins and it ended up being 2hours. Then later on when they were annoucing the type of agents you can be such as Team Leader, Manager, VP etc...each of them would give you a certain percentage if you get other people to join and if you sale etc....Then he stood up when they said that if you are a manger or team leaders stand up. So I thought to myself, you said at the beginnning that its your first time attending this event but yet you are a team leader already? Then he told me that he has been involved in this ACN stupid company for 12 months. WOW, what a horrible BS and liar...now I don't believe in anything he says anymore. I am going to block him on facebook & delete him from my friends list. I don't want to be associate with someone who tried to trick me or scam me....its the principle that bugs me so much. I even told him that I have a headache today, didn't get much sleep and so tired thats why I didn't go study today...Yet he said, its ok, let's go out & have some fun? Going to a sales seminar is NOT FUN! If I wanted to go to a seminar I would have gone to a CMA networking event tonight at York U where I get to talk to CEO, VP of Finance, Directors etc....!

What a waste of my 2hours of my life. When I meet you guys up in person, I will tell you more details of how this guy is such a ********ter and liar...He's horrible at it too...he's only 23 and was shocked to find out that I am 26yrs old. He didn't even finish his degree yet!!!

At the seminar, I saw alot of brown and black people. Mostly older people from my parents generation, they look like the blue collar type of people. I really feel bad that they are all sucked into this and are brain washed into attending & getting involved in this event.

Did you know that to join ACN, you have to pay $500 start up fee. They call it starting your own business fee?? I feel bad that hard working blue collar class workers are wasting their $500 and time by getting suckered into this event.

ACN is actually endorsed by Donald Trump, ofcourse b/c they are paying him to advertise their company. They try to make the company sound so reputable but I saw through them...Thank goodness I am smart & business savvy :) ...I guess my 4 yr B.Commerce degree in Finance from Ryerson U did pay off? It gave me Finance & business common sense so I don't get tricked into this pyramid scam. However, a friend of mine did tell me that one of his friends who did an Human Resources degree from Ryerson U did get suckered into this. She is a Human Resources Generalist in her full time job and actually signed up and paid $500! So even educated people can be suckers too! LOL :p...I feel bad for the people who don't have much $$ and got scammed into paying the $500 which means alot to them!
Yes I do have heatware. Look over here! Yes, here! Heatware: fitbrit
Newbie
Sep 2, 2008
28 posts
4 upvotes
h2lam wrote:
Mar 10th, 2010 11:50 pm
FYI, watch out for ACN, they are another pyramid scam. Its like Primerica & World Financial Group.
Primerica and WFG are real companies that offer people a product or a service. Herbalife, Avon, Amway are also Multi Level Marketing companies that all generate BILLIONS of dollars a year in sales… So people that don't understand the difference between Pyramids and MLM should get educated. Real-estate works similarly - you can open up a brokerage, hire agents and get a percentage of all their sales. The agents of course have to get licensed which costs thousands of dollars. By the way ACN has a lot of professional NHL athletes that are doing this business that don't get paid endorsement money but just like others, have paid $500 and started building a business just like the other people that were according to your statement "suckered" to join. As you can guess, I'm in this business as well :)

h2lam wrote:
Mar 10th, 2010 11:50 pm
"ACN is actually endorsed by Donald Trump, ofcourse b/c they are paying him to advertise their company. Go read other threads on ACN Canada to find more info!"
-

Yes ACN is endorsed by Trump and they are paying him money…in fact, he featured ACN on his TV show, TWICE. So now what you're saying is not only average people get "suckered" into ACN but NBC was also somehow "suckered into it" lol
h2lam wrote:
Mar 10th, 2010 11:50 pm
Did you know that to join ACN, you have to pay $500 start up fee. They call it starting your own business fee?? I feel bad that hard working blue collar class workers are wasting their $500 and time by getting suckered into this event.
What a waste of my 2hours of my life. At the seminar, I saw alot of brown and black people. Mostly older people from my parents generation, they look like the blue collar type of people. I really feel bad that they are all sucked into this and are brain washed into attending & getting involved in this event.
So not only are you against this business model, you're also racist? I don't know when you looked at this business but there have been a lot of young successful people doing ACN. In terms of $500 start up fee, given everything that you get, in my opinion it should be more than $500…ACN has over 1500 employees that service YOUR customers, do tech support, Merchant processing, billing etc…So lets assume that the average person in Canada/States makes $30,000/year - multiply by 1500 employees that's $45,000,000 (45 million)…I'll make you a deal…You can join in my team for free but you cough up the 45 million. On top of that they have DOZENS of partners world wide that you can acquire customers. So since you seem to know so much about business- how much would it cost YOU to open up JUST ONE Telus Franchise in your local mall? What about in every mall in Canada…Also lets add Bell TV to the picture along with internet, AT&T, TMobile, Verizon, O2, Virgin and SO many others...

h2lam wrote:
Mar 10th, 2010 11:50 pm
ACN is actually endorsed by Donald Trump, ofcourse b/c they are paying him to advertise their company. They try to make the company sound so reputable but I saw through them. However, a friend of mine did tell me that one of his friends who did an Human Resources degree from Ryerson U did get suckered into this. She is a Human Resources Generalist in her full time job and actually signed up and paid $500! So even educated people can be suckers too! LOL :p...I feel bad for the people who don't have much $$ and got scammed into paying the $500 which means alot to them!
Seems like a lot of educated people and publications are attaching their name to this…maybe you're the sucker? Inc Magazine, Fortune, Wallstreet, USA today etc… So in terms of credibility yes, Trump is exclusively endorsing ACN when it comes to Network marketing companies but also Bell, Telus, AT&T, Verizon (all the other providers I mentioned) also somehow got "suckered" into it? The fact is, that ACN is a customer acquisition company that acquires LOYAL customers for a lower cost than traditional advertising, a lot of the times saving the customers money and sharing the revenues with the Independent business owners.
h2lam wrote:
Mar 10th, 2010 11:50 pm
My friend told me that she did not have a good encounter with ACN also. She also thinks its pyramid scam, so people are not as clueless and easy to brainwash as you guys think it is...especially the smart & well educated people...I do feel bad for all those who were brainwashed that have attended the event tonight. They all seem to be hooked on drugs or something, everyone is so happy & high...
Whether your friend had a good encounter or not I cannot comment on but let me help you out a bit distinguishing between Multi-Level-Marketing (otherwise known as Network Marketing) and Pyramid Scams…

Network Marketing companies (such as Amway, Avon, Mary Kay, Herbalife, ACN, Nuskin etc) offer either a product or a service and the agents ONLY make money on the distribution of those products either directly through the agent (rep or business owner) OR their team (otherwise known as downline) meaning that you can recruit people and when THEY buy or sell the products or services, you're entitled to an over-ride. (similar to real estate agent/broker relationship)…It can't be through unlimited levels because mathematically it's impossible so every company has different compensation plans.

Pyramid scams are where you get paid to recruit people. Period. People go to jail for this, it's illegal in most (if not all) countries.

When someone joins ACN, the $500 does not go to the person that recruited you, they get NOTHING ($0.00) - the only way your "upline" (people above you) make money is when they help you get customers (whether that's yourself or others)…according to the current compensation plan the new recruit must acquire 3 services (one outside that household) for the person that recruited you to be entitled to compensation known as a CAB or (Customer Acquisition Bonus)

I'm not going to go into TOO much details because I am not an employee of ACN, I'm an IBO ( Independent Business Owner ) but the point is, if you don't want to join ACN, don't. But please don't go saying stupidity like it's a scam…There's only 2 scenarios where it could be a scam. #1. The service doesn't work…ACN already has millions of customers and I have MANY customers…so clearly that's not true and scenario #2 is that they don't pay their reps…Why the hell would I be taking my time and investing my energy in replying to a pretty stupid (in my opinion) post by you if they didn't pay me money… I've made money with ACN and they were never been late for a payment. I've made money in two ways..>#1. Residual income (percentage of the customer's bills) and #2. Customer Acquasition Bonuses. Helping to build a sales force to so say that when THEY acquire customers, they begin earning a residual income and for doing so, the company rewards me for that….3 winners in that scenario - The company (ACN) for getting a new customer, the CUSTOMER wins because they get a better price or value and the IBO that got the customer.

This is a real business done through the multi level marketing model - there are BILLION dollar companies that have already proven that this works, ACN has proven this business works through countless success stories…If someone pays $500 and doesn't make any money, it's not the companies fault. It's like a fat person signing up for the gym and then two weeks later bitching about the fact that they're still fat and saying "LA FITNESS SCAMMED ME" - Go work out and make it happen. If someone spends $3000 on a real estate course and doesn't sell a single home they can't say that the real estate association SCAMMED me…I'm not surprise that some people don't make any money but it's THEIR fault.

ACN works, I still make money on customers I acquired years ago. For some people it takes more time to learn than for others and the only reason I even took this time to write this is because people only complain when something goes wrong, when everything works fine they don't go online and write reviews so if anyone here is considering doing this business, rather than listening to some "Joe Shmo" online - listen instead to the credible publications and success stories of the ones that have actually done it, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. This works if you work, it's called NETWORK MARKETING, not NOTWORK MARKETING (credit goes to Nate on that one lol)
Newbie
Sep 2, 2008
28 posts
4 upvotes
murjaan wrote:
Jan 11th, 2010 6:25 am
I currently have rogers high speed Internet. I was thinking switching to ACN high speed internet. I would appreciate any feedback if ACN internet is reliable. does it drop on and off. I need to use for Work. thanks
ACN internet currently uses the Bell lines just like Tech Savy so it runs like Bell ;)
Banned
User avatar
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1599 upvotes
dont get into ACN.
your better off reselling from an indie isp.
acn = scam
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 3, 2012
1455 posts
274 upvotes
TORONTO
murjaan wrote:
Jan 11th, 2010 6:25 am
I currently have rogers high speed Internet. I was thinking switching to ACN high speed internet. I would appreciate any feedback if ACN internet is reliable. does it drop on and off. I need to use for Work. thanks
Lol, ACN resellers are bad, there prices and services suck.. Better go with larger resellers such as Teksavvy, Distributel, Acanac, Velcom, etc. Put your money towards reliability aswell.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2010
3670 posts
133 upvotes
Barrie
Is MLM technically a scam? Most of the time no
Is MLM a good idea to invest in? Most of the time no

But discussing that is besides the point, ACN is expensive compared to other services so pick a different provider. $36 a month +$2 modem rental for 5mb down isnt very good, here are 3 other options.

Acanac 11mb down for 32.95 or 25mb down for 39.95 if paid one year in advance

Teksavvy 6mb down $32.99 monthly 300gb limit

Velcom 6mb down 29.95 or 15mb down 32.95 both with 400gb limit
[QUOTE]We don't know, so it's possible. And it's possible, so it's probably probable.[/QUOTE]
Member
Apr 13, 2009
238 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
kurolap wrote:
May 8th, 2013 7:05 pm
Primerica and WFG are real companies that offer people a product or a service. Herbalife, Avon, Amway are also Multi Level Marketing companies that all generate BILLIONS of dollars a year in sales… So people that don't understand the difference between Pyramids and MLM should get educated. Real-estate works similarly - you can open up a brokerage, hire agents and get a percentage of all their sales. The agents of course have to get licensed which costs thousands of dollars. By the way ACN has a lot of professional NHL athletes that are doing this business that don't get paid endorsement money but just like others, have paid $500 and started building a business just like the other people that were according to your statement "suckered" to join. As you can guess, I'm in this business as well :)


-

Yes ACN is endorsed by Trump and they are paying him money…in fact, he featured ACN on his TV show, TWICE. So now what you're saying is not only average people get "suckered" into ACN but NBC was also somehow "suckered into it" lol



So not only are you against this business model, you're also racist? I don't know when you looked at this business but there have been a lot of young successful people doing ACN. In terms of $500 start up fee, given everything that you get, in my opinion it should be more than $500…ACN has over 1500 employees that service YOUR customers, do tech support, Merchant processing, billing etc…So lets assume that the average person in Canada/States makes $30,000/year - multiply by 1500 employees that's $45,000,000 (45 million)…I'll make you a deal…You can join in my team for free but you cough up the 45 million. On top of that they have DOZENS of partners world wide that you can acquire customers. So since you seem to know so much about business- how much would it cost YOU to open up JUST ONE Telus Franchise in your local mall? What about in every mall in Canada…Also lets add Bell TV to the picture along with internet, AT&T, TMobile, Verizon, O2, Virgin and SO many others...




Seems like a lot of educated people and publications are attaching their name to this…maybe you're the sucker? Inc Magazine, Fortune, Wallstreet, USA today etc… So in terms of credibility yes, Trump is exclusively endorsing ACN when it comes to Network marketing companies but also Bell, Telus, AT&T, Verizon (all the other providers I mentioned) also somehow got "suckered" into it? The fact is, that ACN is a customer acquisition company that acquires LOYAL customers for a lower cost than traditional advertising, a lot of the times saving the customers money and sharing the revenues with the Independent business owners.



Whether your friend had a good encounter or not I cannot comment on but let me help you out a bit distinguishing between Multi-Level-Marketing (otherwise known as Network Marketing) and Pyramid Scams…

Network Marketing companies (such as Amway, Avon, Mary Kay, Herbalife, ACN, Nuskin etc) offer either a product or a service and the agents ONLY make money on the distribution of those products either directly through the agent (rep or business owner) OR their team (otherwise known as downline) meaning that you can recruit people and when THEY buy or sell the products or services, you're entitled to an over-ride. (similar to real estate agent/broker relationship)…It can't be through unlimited levels because mathematically it's impossible so every company has different compensation plans.

Pyramid scams are where you get paid to recruit people. Period. People go to jail for this, it's illegal in most (if not all) countries.

When someone joins ACN, the $500 does not go to the person that recruited you, they get NOTHING ($0.00) - the only way your "upline" (people above you) make money is when they help you get customers (whether that's yourself or others)…according to the current compensation plan the new recruit must acquire 3 services (one outside that household) for the person that recruited you to be entitled to compensation known as a CAB or (Customer Acquisition Bonus)

I'm not going to go into TOO much details because I am not an employee of ACN, I'm an IBO ( Independent Business Owner ) but the point is, if you don't want to join ACN, don't. But please don't go saying stupidity like it's a scam…There's only 2 scenarios where it could be a scam. #1. The service doesn't work…ACN already has millions of customers and I have MANY customers…so clearly that's not true and scenario #2 is that they don't pay their reps…Why the hell would I be taking my time and investing my energy in replying to a pretty stupid (in my opinion) post by you if they didn't pay me money… I've made money with ACN and they were never been late for a payment. I've made money in two ways..>#1. Residual income (percentage of the customer's bills) and #2. Customer Acquasition Bonuses. Helping to build a sales force to so say that when THEY acquire customers, they begin earning a residual income and for doing so, the company rewards me for that….3 winners in that scenario - The company (ACN) for getting a new customer, the CUSTOMER wins because they get a better price or value and the IBO that got the customer.

This is a real business done through the multi level marketing model - there are BILLION dollar companies that have already proven that this works, ACN has proven this business works through countless success stories…If someone pays $500 and doesn't make any money, it's not the companies fault. It's like a fat person signing up for the gym and then two weeks later bitching about the fact that they're still fat and saying "LA FITNESS SCAMMED ME" - Go work out and make it happen. If someone spends $3000 on a real estate course and doesn't sell a single home they can't say that the real estate association SCAMMED me…I'm not surprise that some people don't make any money but it's THEIR fault.

ACN works, I still make money on customers I acquired years ago. For some people it takes more time to learn than for others and the only reason I even took this time to write this is because people only complain when something goes wrong, when everything works fine they don't go online and write reviews so if anyone here is considering doing this business, rather than listening to some "Joe Shmo" online - listen instead to the credible publications and success stories of the ones that have actually done it, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. This works if you work, it's called NETWORK MARKETING, not NOTWORK MARKETING (credit goes to Nate on that one lol)
I had no experience with ACN, but after reading a few posts online and watching a few videos, I realized the following: ACN might be legal, but they definetly walk on the line of ethical business and not so much ethical.

But I do wonder about their compensation structure. They do make it a bit too confusing, I wonder why? How much do you make from those subscribers you signed up years ago?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2013
1001 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
It never gets old when another ACN zombie is trying to "compare my bills" without realizing he is talking to an RFDer and my bills are better than he ever gets to see in his life.
× < >

Top